Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is black tea safe during withdrawal ?

I still have some physicall symptoms but i can now eat everything i want without a wave but havent tried caffeine yet was wondering if black tea is safe to try ?

Black tea has a soft stimulant in it. But it's not strong.

Try some and see how you react?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

Hey @[...],

I'm so glad you're doing better with food!  For reference, a cup of black tea has about half the amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee:  47mg for the tea, 95 for the coffee.

I think it's probably up to you.  A lot of people avoid caffeine for the duration, but everyone is different.  You may have no problems with it.  I think  New Peppe is right, if you want,  you could try it and see how you react.  If it were me, I would try it in the morning, though, so it doesn't interfere with sleep.  And just remember that if it causes an issue, it will wear off and you'll calm back down.

• Like 2

Saba, black tea has lots of caffeine! Don't do it. If you've been using caffeine you've probably had some heightened symptoms I'm sure. Also, black tea has l thianine in it. Everyone said l thianine is great stuff, it was so terrible fir me, took me days to recover. 

Just my experience maybe ok for u idk

Just a heads up ok:thumbsup:

Ns

• Like 1

If you are doing pretty decent, IMO I’d leave it alone. Or if you just want to try it just to see…I’d only make a half a cup or less than that as well as make it very weak. It is caffeine as the others have said. But, at some point, you’ll want to put things back in your diet as you heal. No way of knowing how what will or will not affect you unless you try. But, it’s strongly advised in the old archives to always gently put things back in case it causes an issue. A little then wait a day or two then increase a little then wait a day or two…etc. 

safe not sorry 👍🏼

• Like 1

9 hours ago, [[L...] said:

If you are doing pretty decent, IMO I’d leave it alone. Or if you just want to try it just to see…I’d only make a half a cup or less than that as well as make it very weak. It is caffeine as the others have said. But, at some point, you’ll want to put things back in your diet as you heal. No way of knowing how what will or will not affect you unless you try. But, it’s strongly advised in the old archives to always gently put things back in case it causes an issue. A little then wait a day or two then increase a little then wait a day or two…etc. 

safe not sorry 👍🏼

@[La...], i'd like to put "like" but they say i've run out of "likes" for today) so i'm doing it this way) - I do agree with you.

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

I don’t drink coffee but substitute it with barleycup or nocaf. I do drink tea & haven’t had issue with caffeine content. Personally, a cup of tea is a comfort. Do what feels right for you. 

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 2