Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

GABAergic... supplements and medications. Anyone familiar with how to adapt?

I recently completed my taper. 18 days ago to be exact.  My taper lasted about 4.5 years.  It has been a long journey.  I was reading an article about GABergic medications and supplements this morning and saw that a few things on those lists I take most of the time daily.  My doctor currently has me on 300 mg of gabapentin (at night before bed) which helps me sleep, I have been on and off Ashwaghanda while I have been tapering because it seems to help with the stress on my system.  I noticed that some B vitamins and D3 are on the list.  How do I know if I need to stop any of these?  

300mg is a fairly low dose so i think you be ok. Others might say otherwise. I tried that Ashwagandha and it had no effect on me.. my gaba receptors was/are? Burned out so that might be why.. IMO you should overall take it easy with gabagenics..