Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

In the process of healing

I had inflammation of the chest and a bit of left arm pain so i went over to be checked all my vitals were in good order heartbeat and blood pressure. Moving forward i started norgesic twice daily i think for some days then i stopped because of side effect notice i had never had an issue with dizziness, headaches or anything before them my muscle and fingers twitching, headache was so bad i couldn't open my eyes then went 2days later i was given diazepam(valium) gave me brain zaps and side effects stopped after around 3days of use ever since then have had terrible side effects extremely bad that am questioning why i had to use the drug, am betetr physically after around 4 months but i still brain zaps and the head pressure 

Hello @[ph...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Do I understand correctly: you used diazepam for a total of three days? Although there is great variability, the (shorter) extreme end of where dependency might begin is at a few weeks. For this reason, general prescribing guidelines for benzodiazepines in most countries suggest prescribing for no more than 2 weeks. I am not aware of any compelling evidence for dependency to occur after three days of use.

What dose were you prescribed? Have you taken benzodiazepines at any other time? Have you been checked out for other causes of symptoms?

But assuming that you are correct, and these symptoms are the result of three days of use, I expect that you will continue to get better going forward. Withdrawal effects of benzodiazepines can take quite some time to fully resolve.

15 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hello @[ph...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Do I understand correctly: you used diazepam for a total of three days? Although there is great variability, the (shorter) extreme end of where dependency might begin is at a few weeks. For this reason, general prescribing guidelines for benzodiazepines in most countries suggest prescribing for no more than 2 weeks. I am not aware of any compelling evidence for dependency to occur after three days of use.

What dose were you prescribed? Have you taken benzodiazepines at any other time? Have you been checked out for other causes of symptoms?

But assuming that you are correct, and these symptoms are the result of three days of use, I expect that you will continue to get better going forward. Withdrawal effects of benzodiazepines can take quite some time to fully resolve.

It started with Norgesic i never had any of all this symptons till i had it: tremors, headaches,dizziness and all then i stopped Norgesic coldturkey because of the side effects and they were so bad that i couldn't walk well was so dizzy weak i have never been in such a terrible situation or feeling before then i was given diazepam at around 5mg daily

Edited by [Ph...]

5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

It started with Norgesic i never had any of all this symptons till i had it: tremors, headaches,dizziness and all then i stopped Norgesic coldturkey because of the side effects and they were so bad that i couldn't walk well was so dizzy weak i have never been in such a terrible situation or feeling before then i was given diazepam at around 5mg daily

Oh, I see. So you think you are suffering Norgesic withdrawal effects - yes? I know nothing about the medication, but after a quick Google I see that it contains an antihistamine (orphenadrine), and this can have significant side effects. Though, I am less certain about possible withdrawal symptoms.

Norgesic - Wikipedia

Orphenadrine - Wikipedia

3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Oh, I see. So you think you are suffering Norgesic withdrawal effects - yes? I know nothing about the medication, but after a quick Google I see that it contains an antihistamine (orphenadrine), and this can have significant side effects. Though, I am less certain about possible withdrawal symptoms.

Norgesic - Wikipedia

Orphenadrine - Wikipedia

Yes it has withdrawal symptons and instead of stopping me i was then given diazepam
https://novarecoverycenter.com/drugs/muscle-relaxer/
was so bad that a day after withdrawal i almost fainted then i was given diazepam which didn't help at all

Edited by [Ph...]