Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Forced withdrawal... in a month help

Hi! I’m almost 38 I have been on and off klonopin for 11 years. Works pretty well. I got it from GP but I have run into a problem. I take .5mg twice or three times a day and now I have been increased to 1mg twice a day because a friend and a family member passed away within a month of each other. My doc suggested a higher dose. This happened in September. 

I went in a for a refill and he said you shouldn’t be on this medication as much and forgot my dosage. He’s getting older and probably retiring soon. He yelled at me to lower my dose and he won’t refill ever again after this month which is 1mg twice a day. He said if you want more you must get a blood test first. I agreed to a blood test before my next refill which would be next month... he yelled no. So... what am I supposed to do? Beg for another appointment or look for a new GP or preferably psychiatrist?

i have had benzo withdrawal before around age 29/30 and I couldn’t stop hallucinating, shaking, twitching... until my doc reinstated it because I almost went to the hospital. 

I'm so sorry you're in this position.  It's completely inappropriate for your doctor to yell at you and and it's dangerous to force you to rapid taper off such a high daily dose of Klonopin. From your description the behavior of your GP is very erratic and concerning.

In my opinion you should try to find a benzo knowledgeable psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner right away.  

Please let us know how things are going for you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why the heck did he yell no at you after you agreed to a blood test which he requested?

Might he be a little off mentally? 

• Love 1