Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Oh, my mind!

Today I’m on thin ice.

Chemical storms are raging in my brain.

Its like I’m trying to take back control of a plummeting airplane, gripping the wheel and trying to pull up and out of the impending crash.

i know its not me, but it’s happening in me. Please send me some good thoughts ❤️

• Like 3

Sorry @[wi...] it’s not you & good thoughts are definitely being sent your way. 

take care, some days are just harder 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [[w...] said:

Today I’m on thin ice.

Its like I’m trying to take back control of a plummeting airplane, gripping the wheel and trying to pull up and out of the impending crash.

i know its not me, but it’s happening in me. Please send me some good thoughts ❤️

@[wi...], hi! I'm sure you'll make your plane fly out of the crash and to the right place) The one who can describe their problem so presisly is bound to calm down any chemical storm. I do know it's hard. I was there, and sometimes am, but these things are unavoidable so the only thing is to fly through to the brighter side.🛫

Hope you are much better now🌤️

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

I don’t even know what to say anymore. I’m feeling like I am going to lose it anytime now.

My nerves are tingling and pulsing. Anhedonia is continuing to plague me and I’m feeling emotionally dead.

im beyond fatigued and yet racing mentally. I can’t cry and it’s hard to speak. I’m so lost and hopeless. I can’t even breathe or swallow comfortably. 
Please no advice or intense questions. Just need people who can give some love. Let me know it’s okay to feel what I’m feeling. I’m judging and criticizing myself enough for not being “stronger” or “uplifting”. 
I used to be smart and eloquent. I can barely remember the meaning of certain words.

im sorry im babbling. Lost all friends and family is at a loss for words as to what to do with me.

I’m just exhausted from this. Questioning my sanity.  I’m in a perpetual altered state. 

I feel like a terrified child.

Edited by [wi...]
  • Love 1

@[wi...],

Oh, I am so sorry, but it really, really is ok to feel how you're feeling now.  This is just what is happening to you right now.  It is not a commentary or a judgement of you at all.  Please don't be so hard on yourself.  You are still all the things you were, smart and eloquent, it's just being muffled by this process, but it's still there, YOU are still there.  And you are sane.  I know that exhaustion makes us question everything, and our love-ones who don't understand, but mean well, sometimes make it worse but you are sane and this will improve.  None of this is permanent.  I'm just so sorry that it is so hard right now.  Sending you hugs. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@[Bu...]this reassurance and love is exactly what I need . 
Thank you for not preaching at me or trying to “fix” me. Thank you for meeting me right where I am. 

❤️xoxo

• Like 1

On 16/01/2024 at 15:35, [[w...] said:

Today I’m on thin ice.

Widesky,  so sorry! It's so difficult to process that we suffer so much, but I know these symptoms will pass. Im Going through a pretty bad one today as well. Trying to keep my body from feeling as though it might break apart. It's stiff and uncontrollable with bowel spasms that surround my middle core. I'm exhausted,  so tired, I need sleep! Have to take a shower today for dr appointment tomorrow, lord give us strength! Your in my thoughts and prayers, I feel these symptoms too. Whenever the barometric pressure falls, we are having a lot of weather here, the pressure seems to affect my body, and my head. While in withdrawal these symptoms intensify and seem uncontrollable. But as I'm sitting here Typing I feel these symptoms start to fade. I'm keeping my mind and hands busy and distracted from everything else. It's so difficult, but I know your stronger than u think.  Change your mind, look around the room, find 3 things, what do they look.like, do they have sound, can you touch them? How do they feel, smell. If u can't touch them, describe them to yourself. Breath thru your nose/mouth slowly, believe the symptoms in your head are flowing out! 

I know this sounds kind of strange, just trying to distract u, but it works! As I always say, try not to focus on the symptoms, yes it's hard I know, I'm right there too but I'm doing everything I can to distract myself. Helping others to feel better if I can even. 

I love the name you've chosen widesky, it's beautiful! 

I pray you will receive strength and peace and relief soon!

Ns

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

@[wi...],

Oh, I am so sorry, but it really, really is ok to feel how you're feeling now.  This is just what is happening to you right now.  It is not a commentary or a judgement of you at all.  Please don't be so hard on yourself.  You are still all the things you were, smart and eloquent, it's just being muffled by this process, but it's still there, YOU are still there.  And you are sane.  I know that exhaustion makes us question everything, and our love-ones who don't understand, but mean well, sometimes make it worse but you are sane and this will improve.  None of this is permanent.  I'm just so sorry that it is so hard right now.  Sending you hugs. :hug: 

So sweet!

Hi - I have been feeling the exact same for 9 weeks solid @[wi...] 

please be gentle with yourself as it’s the weirdest more uncomfy spot ever. It’s like being homesick for yourself but you’re in there, I don’t know how to explain it. Hang in there dear one ❤️‍🩹

• Like 3

@[Bu...]

how lovely to hear from you! I’m about the same with symptoms but feeling more hopeful and so happy from all the love that was sent my way yesterday and today.

it’s constant work challenging the nasty thoughts that intrude with little pause. 

Love you very much ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[wi...],

It is constant work!  But thank God for this community, there is a lot of love here!  I'm so glad things are better today!

• Like 1