Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Here. Have some pills…..

Over the past years, I’ve been told some strange things by those prescribing magic pills to fix ills:

“These will help you relax/sleep” (leaflet indicates don’t take for more than 4 weeks - but turns out they will be re-prescribed like sweets for years)

”Don’t look these up on the internet! (was an antipsychotic - for anxiety? & apparently given off label)

”It’s a low dose!”

“Take these while we wait for the other medication to start to take effect!”

Fast forward, ironically those pills caused mayhem. Didn’t know which was up. 
Does anyone feel their intelligence has been well & truly trampled on?

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 1

I caught up today with my doctor and let her know know I've stop taking xanax 0.5mg once a day. I explained I don't want to become dependent on them and either stop or have breaks taking them. She advised against mirtazapine and continue to take the alprazolam as needed. I'm currently 2 weeks off and I never really got any withdrawals from stopping from taking them. 

• Like 1

You will see I’m pretty outraged by being duped into poly pharmacy. Against all the odds, taken myself off very last med - the bloody awful diazepam (since 4 Jan minus 8.3 days for life not that I’m counting!) Am glad you are off alprazolam, for 2 weeks now & withdrawal not a problem for you. What a great place this is to share stories. I will keep reading & learning. 

• Like 1