Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Xanax Klonopin Crossover to taper?

Good afternoon everyone!

so I’ve taken Xanax for panic attacks and anxiety for the better part of a decade and a half, currently I’m at 3mg per day in 3 doses. I agreed to start a taper with my psych NP as I can tell they’re just not as effective for me anymore, I have inter dose withdrawal constantly and the rebound anxiety just will not quit; it’s horrendous. She said she has tapered patients before although I’m not sure what her experience has been. But anyway…

she switched me completely off of the Xanax and onto 3mg Klonopin- 1.5mg twice a day and said I shouldn’t have an issue with the substitution or change. Maybe I’m just being overly cautious or worried, but shouldn’t I be titrating doses with a crossover like this? Or will the equivalent dosage of clonazepam be enough to stave off the worst of the withdrawals? I have about 10 or so 1mg Xanax tabs left over that I’ve saved for emergencies and I’m not sure if I should actually be using them to acclimate to the clonazepam or if I really should just switch straight over… I’m just terrified to have the withdrawals the way I do. They go zero to one hundred and I feel like absolute death. Then again, it’s been 15 years on these things…

• 1 month later...
[Ma...]

Hey I’m sorry no one got back to you but I have an almost identical story 15 yrs on Xanax 3mg a day but I’m being gradually crossed over to Valium as pet Ashton manual perhaps before you make the switch consult with your dr about Valium instead of k it’s the preferred method across the board unless it disagrees with you but I’ve already crossed over .5xan to 10 mg v and the horrendous interpose withdrawals have simmered down a bit I have to cross over another dose in the next two weeks I’ll try my best to let you know how it goes and please feel free to msg me 🩷

[Ta...]

How are you doing Babyblu? It's been 6 weeks. Did you make the transition okay?