Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Family is urging me to go to crisis stabilization center, need advice please?

4 hours ago, [[a...] said:

@[ns...] hi, thank you for checking on me. I’m not doing well whatsoever sadly. I have the flu on top of this. I’m all alone at the moment which makes me panic. 

I want to go back to sleep badly but I’m alone and it seems impossible even with soothing music in the background. I only sleep at all when my fiancé is laying by me. I won’t see him for the next 8-9 hours though. 🥺 

I’ve been sipping propel to restore electrolytes as I’ve been sweating so so much. I drink mostly ensure and some mashed potatoes lately since I have no appetite, nausea and swallowing issues. My stomach is killing me. 

Im in a panic, I don’t feel good at all. I wish I had someone with me. I’m not sure how this is gonna play out today. The only option my psych gave me yesterday was to take olanzapine which I’m not gonna do. 

This is becoming almost impossible to do at home, I wish I had someone to stay with me throughout the day but I know that’s not realistic unless I go into a ward or unit. 

Overall, I’m struggling to get by and I just want sleep and to be with my fiancé. I’m really struggling. I feel stuck.

Hi Ana, I'm so so sorry,  I know how u feel with having someone to lay down with. I can't sleep or lay down unless my husband is there too. But he can't stay in bed all day. So I sit up with him.

Do u watch anything on TV or YouTube? I stay on here or watch YouTube, try to keep my mind and hands busy. Emma with Therapy in a nutshell is very helpful. Just a thought. I watch Joyce Meyer sermons as another example. I'm a Christian and lean in God. I'm going through a lot too, but I have someone here with me. It's still very tough. 

No one here would blame you for going into hospital Ana,  no one wants that either. Sometimes we feel forced to do things we just feel we can't do. At this point I often think maybe I need that but my hearing is distorted, I missing teeth because my partial broke and can't eat just anything. Cant take medications, so I know I would be miserable there.

I'm sure u know more about those rehab places than I do. I've only heard. For some it works out for some not so much. If you can keep yourself busy Ana,  try not to focus too much on your symptoms.  I realize eating is a big factor here, it is for me as well. I'm losing too much weight! Can only eat a couple foids and my metabolism is on go fast! So I think I understand what your dealing with, like me, try to keep your mind and hands busy. If you don't want to go to hospital dint and stand your ground. If u have to will yourself to get stronger do it! But do what u think is best and try not to overthink things.

I'll be thinking of you, I feel your dilemma, I really do.

Set your mind to get stronger if you can ok, 

I'll be here if u need to talk

Take care Ana 

Ns

• Like 1

Hey @[an...],

I'm sorry things are so rough.  I know it's really hard dealing with all this when we are physically alone.  I was wondering if any of your doctors had any recommendations for a councilor or therapist for you?  Has this been discussed as an option to help you with the anxiety and panic?  It was really helpful for me to talk to a professional.  I know that watching videos can be very helpful, but for me, having the one-on-one personal interaction was the thing that really helped.  Having someone speak to me, use my name and address my unique situation made all the difference.

• Like 2