Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Compounding question for ativan/lorazepam

Hi there again – I have some questions about compounding lorazepam. I'm a short term user but finding it more difficult to cut down that expected. I've managed to wean from 1 mg to 0.5 mg over three weeks, with lots of bumps as I got closer to the lower end. 

I'm wondering about using a compounding pharmacy to make the cuts easier going down to 0. I spoke to a pharmacist who says he can make the pills into any strength I want – suggesting 0.1 mg per capsule for my case. So, cutting 0.1 mg each reduction – 20%.

Does anyone have any experience or advice about the strength, given I'm on 0.5 mg for the last week? I'm finding the numbers all a bit confusing. Perhaps I should ask for 0.05 mg per capsule, which is 10% reductions. But I hate to drag this out too long given I am less than 2 months from the start (including full dose and tapering).

Another option is to ask about compounding a 0.5 mg tablet so I can keep cutting but make smaller cuts more easily.

I'm not keen on liquid as I'm nervous about disrupting my system with a big change.

Any advice about possible compounding doses appreciated!!