Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Fighting Fear

I stupidly went cold turkey after running out of meds. The first week was beyond hell. Insomnia, sweating, electric buzzes in the brain. My spine and hip felt weird - sort of itchy under the skin. Muscles feel like jelly.

I took benzos for sleeping at night going from 25mg to 1mg for eight years.

Now on day 15 and some things have improved. My partner is supportive but had no idea how bad the withdrawal would be. I had to play him a few YouTube videos.

Reading all these posts are so helpful as the process is very lonely.

I am now afraid to plan anything in the future as I am not sure if I can trust my withdrawal symptoms.

Flare ups come out of nowhere. It is hard to be scared of stepping beyond the present. I need to start job hunting but am terrified I will be stuck in withdrawal for years. Like being stuck in limbo. Any advice?

Edited by [Te...]

With the fear comes also the fear of fear.  Agoraphobia is easy to develop is we don't go out literally every day.  Every day must come with some won battle after venturing out of our comfort zone.  

• Like 2