Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

chest and throat anxiety

Does anyone have this?  It's been over a year.  I either get burning pain in my chest and throat, or surges up my chest and throat, and sometimes stomach and arms.  

I alternate, one day burning pain, the next day adrenalin surges and jabs.  

When does it stop?

Do protracted people get this symptom?  I'm hanging on by a thread.  

I keep getting this today. This was a rare symptom. But today my upper chest and arms and a part of neck burn like a mf. 

• Like 1

I'm so sorry.  Does it feel connected to anxiety?

I am on a burning day today, tomorrow will be surges.  7 months tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't bear it any more; I have lost everything and I didn't have much.  I have a line down the centre of my body from my throat to my stomach,  a line of torture that flares red hot, tickles, carries shooting acid up my body, burns, or whatever it has in mind for the day or hour.  I fear each intake of breath; some are okay, then a few breaths later...there it comes.  Some kind of weird anxiety/terror line. I feel possessed. I am in a rage.  I want to live.  I want to go out. I want to read. I want to wake up breathing in and out, normal.  Endless torture for 19 months.  I will go back to bed now for the umpteenth time and stare at my ceiling.

• Sad 1

@[Si...]  I am so sorry you are struggling.   I understand completely, and hope that your symptoms will recede soon.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I can't bear it any more; I have lost everything and I didn't have much.  I have a line down the centre of my body from my throat to my stomach,  a line of torture that flares red hot, tickles, carries shooting acid up my body, burns, or whatever it has in mind for the day or hour.  I fear each intake of breath; some are okay, then a few breaths later...there it comes.  Some kind of weird anxiety/terror line. I feel possessed. I am in a rage.  I want to live.  I want to go out. I want to read. I want to wake up breathing in and out, normal.  Endless torture for 19 months.  I will go back to bed now for the umpteenth time and stare at my ceiling.

Sorry. I hope you improve soon. I think I know that symptom. My line is from the back of my head to my chest. I don’t call what happens to me anxiety because it feels nothing like anxiety, it just feels like heavy steady pressure and sometimes probably to relieve that pressure my CNS does this weird jolt/surge that’s kind of electric or burning. 

Today my head has been flaring like a mf and I had vibrations. So not much in the chest or throat area but that will probably come tomorrow or maybe later. I hate going to bed not knowing how I will sleep and what awaits me tomorrow. 

Is this something new for you? 

Edited by [Wi...]