Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Medications ?

Hi guys so if im out of withdrawal can i take medications if necessary without a setback ? If not then what do you do if you end up with high bp or an infection ? Also if a doctor medicates you with benzos just once during emergency will this set you all the way back ? 

• Like 1

@[...],

Many people take medications for various medical issues with no problems, including blood pressure drugs. If you are ill and truly need medication it is important to treat it before it becomes more serious. 

• Like 2

But i thought people with benzo withdrawal cant take certain meds normal people take ? Wont certain meds throw u back into to withdrawal symptoms even after your out of it ? 

The only drugs that are counter indicated are the fluoroquinolone antibiotic group. Of course, some people will react to other medications, that would be true for those not in benzo withdrawal. I have a lot of allergies to drugs but when I was sick, even in withdrawal and recovery, I took medications that were necessary. 

• Like 2

@[...] I take a beta blocker(cardiac med) daily. I absolutely need it. And I have taken various antibiotics (not flouroquinolones) and they were okay. So, yes you can take the meds that are necessary. Oh, and for cataract surgery, my doc used a benzo -- Versed -- and it did not set me back. A one-time dose of a benzo will not be detrimental to your recovery. Hope this helps.

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 3

Omg thank god thats a relief to know ! I thought i have to forever be in fear thinking that 1 benzo will be a death sentence for me 

Saba, remember  veveryone is different and respond different to medications. BP meds are essential for u. Benzos. Even one can set u back  bit just depends on you. Ie., how long have you been off benzos, how did you do in withdrawal? These are important questions to ask yourself before taking even one more benzo ok. As for antibiotics  Yes these will upset our system and can cause many setbacks. My experience anyway. No to gabapentin ever! A nightmare experience for me.

Thank u to Pepe for the heads up.on gaba meds, I almost took baclofen last night which does affect the gaba. 

Thank u so much for that!

Hope this info us helpful, do your homework ok

Ns:balloon:

• Like 2

On 15/01/2024 at 22:02, [[n...] said:

I would be dead without my bp medication. Of course you take medicines if needed.

Just look out for other meds messing with your gaba. 

Hi pepe what bp meds do you use ?