Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

PTSD2

Hello @[...]! I am doint CBT right now and I am showing classic signs of PTSD. 

Problem is, I had no issues before this with PTSD. All my past traumas are coming back in an extreme manner, and I feel excess guilt. I believe it is the w/d for me, it is my hijacked brain trying to sort itself out in this chemical storm.

I am blaming myself for everything gone wrong with life, I am feeling inferior to others. Like a failure. This is absolutely not true, I am aware of that, but the feeling is still there and it is very strong. Based on what we are going through, we are anything but inferior....

But even though I am in w/d, I am trying to give exposure a chance (my psychologist tells me that it is the therapy), it is what I am doing every day anyway. I have nothing to loose... It takes much effort and as I see it, a long time. I believe it does work for me to some extent, I have achievements already.

Hang in there! 

• Like 1

Thank you all what you say is how I am feeling.  I go for a short walk everyday which  is very hard.  But I  feel worse when I get back so don't understand why.  How long has it been for you.  X

I guess we just need to continue doing it.... I often don't feel like it either. I am early off (a bit more than 7 months).  

@[...], I m so sorry you are still expreinecing this, I believe you a 100%. There are indeed many people having symptoms at two years off, as I read quite often in the forum. 

According to my therapist I should treat this as PTSD, even if it is linked to withdrawal. It may take more time, and I believe that, but I really trust her approach. 

I was shaking a few moths ago going to the store. I was not calm today either, but did it. It is a rural grocery store with aroung 5-10 ppl. 

I think it is worth at least considering this approach. It is indeed very difficult and it revved up symptoms in the beginning too. 

We all have to follow our own pace in this, listening to our body, what it allows us to do. Taking it slow, step-by-step. 

• Like 1

@[...], I have had many bullying, teasing, exclusion, but I could withstand the "storm" with pride all the time.  I have never had anything even resembling to this before. 

• Like 1

If the neurotransmitters are doing what they have to do ,

if you eat healthy and don’t have any specific mental illness 

it is withdrawal.

ptsd is just a term used for people not dealing with the trauma, it has many faces and I think if it’s ptsd you will feel it and know it and don’t need benzobuddies opinions on it. Same as with akathasia, you know you have it you don’t have doubts. 

hope u feel better soon ♥️

Had anxiety before benzo could it be that but not as bad as it is now tnk you.  Xxxxx 6

• Like 1