Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Jumped.

Took 7 months to taper 5mg.

Reduced the liquid by .03mg/day, and when life got rocky I paused the taper -- never updosing.

Probably took an extra month.

Am elated to be off after over 20 years.

But feel like SHIT - filled with anger at people who definitely deserve it.  Yet.  I can't let go of it.

Have no idea if this is exacerbated by the Valium detox or totally unrelated.

Insomnia... tinnitus... waking up in a cold sweat... again, have no idea what's related to the valium.

I do know that it wasn't helping, and hopefully will start to feel better soon.

It is a relief not to be tied to my valium prescription, and living in terror of running out.  

Am a bit nervous, wondering when the final traces will be gone from my fat cells.  

Feel good about sticking with this as an accomplishment.  

Edited by [Fi...]

Congratulations on getting off the valium.  Your symptoms sound like typical benzo withdrawal symptoms.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Took 7 months to taper 5mg.

Reduced the liquid by .03mg/day, and when life got rocky I paused the taper -- never updosing.

Probably took an extra month.

Am elated to be off after over 20 years.

But feel like SHIT - filled with anger at people who definitely deserve it.  Yet.  I can't let go of it.

Have no idea if this is exacerbated by the Valium detox or totally unrelated.

Insomnia... tinnitus... waking up in a cold sweat... again, have no idea what's related to the valium.

I do know that it wasn't helping, and hopefully will start to feel better soon.

It is a relief not to be tied to my valium prescription, and living in terror of running out.  

Am a bit nervous, wondering when the final traces will be gone from my fat cells.  

Feel good about sticking with this as an accomplishment.  

@[Fi...] very similar position & feeling like shit/relief/nervous/but immense anger too. It’s such a major accomplishment mixed with “what now”. Jumping is a new start. 

Congratulations!  You’ve come so far. I don’t blame you for the anger (I have a lot of that going on myself) but you have a lot to be proud of. 

Congratulations on being benzo free, how many days has it been since you jumped? 

I agree, your symptoms sound typical, I think you can pin all of them on the Valium.  

I’m sure you know that the phase you’re now in is called recovery and it can take awhile to become fully recovered.  I don’t want you to be discouraged if you don’t feel better right away.

1 hour ago, [[F...] said:

it's been 2 nights with zero benzos.

and almost zero sleep ; )

Shouldn’t some Valium still be in your system.  I’m gonna jump at 1.0 mg getting close.  Valium in my system seems to make me sleepy tired….

Edited by [Kh...]

When would you typically feel the effects of a reduction @[Fi...], this might help us to know when your symptoms could peak and when they may start to settle.  Typically members go through what we call the acute stage when jumping, this can last up to a few weeks but many report it lasting less.  Once we pass through that, our recovery symptoms tend to get milder as we go.  They can still be triggered by the same things that triggered us when tapering so its important to try to maintain calm and be aware of your food, vitamin and medication intake. 

As I said, I don’t want to discourage you but managing our expectations is an important part of the recovery process.