Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My flu has reactivated my anxiety

This sounds crazy but I am getting better from flu and it now has activated my anxiety episodes.  I have been benzo free for 18 months afer 1 1/2 year withdrawal program.  What I hate the most is that the anxiety episodes take me right back to the scared person who wonders if I am spiraling back into having to take a benzo again.  I dont want to do that.  I am hoping someone else on here can relate and pull me thru this.  I hate this feeling.

Thanks again. :tickedoff:

• 3 weeks later...

How do you feel now? I feel awful as well these days and can't even get up from my bed in the morning. I've started to check UK Writings review here  https://uktopwriters.com/review-ukwritings/ and i think i will ask them for help with all my assignments from the college. At the moment i don't have enough power to do all those things myself.

Edited by [el...]

@[fl...] This happens to a lot of us.  It happened to me.  Any major stressor can trigger a wave for some of us.  But it fades.  I hope you're feeling better now.

On 14/01/2024 at 21:43, [[f...] said:

This sounds crazy but I am getting better from flu and it now has activated my anxiety episodes.  I have been benzo free for 18 months afer 1 1/2 year withdrawal program.  What I hate the most is that the anxiety episodes take me right back to the scared person who wonders if I am spiraling back into having to take a benzo again.  I dont want to do that.  I am hoping someone else on here can relate and pull me thru this.  I hate this feeling.

Hello friend, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that I have been 10 and a half months since the last Clonopin and I wanted to ask you about what month you stopped having anxiety, even though it comes back at times.

Much strength and thank you very much

On 14/01/2024 at 13:43, [[f...] said:

YES. Been there.  I am 18 months off benzos. And when I get sick it has triggered me into a wave of symptoms. My anxiety gets so bad I have to pace for days. Usually the waves last around 3 weeks. But mine more recently have gone down to one to two weeks. And the intensity of symptoms are not as bad.  I also have a travel trigger that spikes my anxiety. So any time I try and go on a trip I end up spiraling. And I cancel the trip. And get myself in a wave.  I have convinced myself that I have a major mental illness. But then I come back here. And realize. That maybe I am still very fragile. And bruised. I was on K for three years from 1-2 mg.  And it took me over a year to get off.  Outside of being sick or travelling my windows are getting SO much better. It feels like my brain is coming back online.