Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

43 months: recovering rapidly

Just like the title says, I’ve been experiencing rapid improvements these past few weeks. Mostly I’ve been exeperiencing mental symptoms for a long time, and now my sleep is improving, anxiety reducing, stress tolerance improving, mental acuity sharpening and even my chronic pain disappearing. I still am a little foggy, anxious, and get daytime crying spells, but their severity has gone from like a 6 to a 3 in a short period of time, and they no longer worry me when they happen. I feel real hope in recovery seeing these improvements happening so quickly.

I think this is the result of time, trauma therapy, and addressing the anxiety which I’ve been experiencing my whole life. Claire Weekes’s “face, accept, float, let time pass” method from Help and Hope for Your Nerves has honestly changed my life. I’m holding off on writing a success story until I’m fully symptom free, because those stories always had the most positive impact on my recovery journey, but to anyone reading this I want to give hope that improvement is happening, rapid improvement can happen, and treating any pre-existing problems you had before recovery can all help the process. You got this!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

This is such great news @[Ch...]!  So glad you're experiencing big improvements. Thank you for sharing your encouraging update!