Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is this protracted withdrawal? I was on a month and it's been a year since my CT

I stabilised until September and was hit with a terrible ramped up wave. I'm now on a low low dose beta blocker ( I was desperate) as the doctor says I have anxiety LOL. It is withdrawal, anxiety was NEVER like this and nor has it ever caused so many distressing symptoms. My heart was racing at about 120 BPM relaxed. I was shaking, head twitching, hands shaking, could hardly walk properly.

I CT just over a year ago after a month on diazepam.i used between 2 and 8mg every couple of days but I felt my tolerance build extremely early on.

Bloods were checked about July/ August, all was fine, no deficiencies etc.

Am I in protracted withdrawal???

I don't have as many symptoms as early on but remaining ones that come and go are horrible depression,nausea, headache, restless legs, tight chest, racing heart, eye twitching, head clamping, head fuzziness and vertigo that is there most of the time apart from in windows. Jelly legs went away but they're coming and going again but to a lesser degree.

I wasn't well over Christmas and symptoms ramped up again. 

Help me please. I need to know this is normal. I'm on no other meds, was completely healthy before the benzos. 😢😢😢

[38...]

You’re not protracted, @[Bi...]

Protracted is considered to be beyond about 2 years. 

A general recovery timeline is considered to be 6 - about 18 months. 

It’s perfectly normal for you to be still experiencing many symptoms. 

Please don’t panic! It’s very normal! 

There seems to be different definitions of protracted, but the terminology isn't so important. At one year off, you still have a lot of healing to happen. Hang in there -- time + healing = a better position. You have lots of healing left!

On 14/01/2024 at 10:18, [[B...] said:

I stabilised until September and was hit with a terrible ramped up wave. I'm now on a low low dose beta blocker ( I was desperate) as the doctor says I have anxiety LOL. It is withdrawal, anxiety was NEVER like this and nor has it ever caused so many distressing symptoms. My heart was racing at about 120 BPM relaxed. I was shaking, head twitching, hands shaking, could hardly walk properly.

I CT just over a year ago after a month on diazepam.i used between 2 and 8mg every couple of days but I felt my tolerance build extremely early on.

Bloods were checked about July/ August, all was fine, no deficiencies etc.

Am I in protracted withdrawal???

I don't have as many symptoms as early on but remaining ones that come and go are horrible depression,nausea, headache, restless legs, tight chest, racing heart, eye twitching, head clamping, head fuzziness and vertigo that is there most of the time apart from in windows. Jelly legs went away but they're coming and going again but to a lesser degree.

I wasn't well over Christmas and symptoms ramped up again. 

Help me please. I need to know this is normal. I'm on no other meds, was completely healthy before the benzos. 😢😢😢

Hi birdypie, the link bow should help u understand your symptoms. I hope it helps u, it helped me so much. I didn't know if my symptoms were withdrawal or abnormal. This link answered those questions and I'm grateful I have this information. 

Hope it helps you!

Take care

Ns 

https://www.benzoinfo.com/ashtonmanual/chapter3/#sensory-hypersensitivity

• Like 1