Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

TEVA resupply problems?

Hello Everyone,  I have been on lorazepam for ten years for and I’ve never had trouble with the TEVA brand but since I started the resupplied version after a shortage, I am having severe heart palpitations.  Does anyone else use TEVA?

I am Teva Clonazepam and am having a lot of trouble. The last 7 batches have been horrible. I have gotten the heart palpitations, itching, nausea, stomach pain and other symptoms after taking it. 

I believe the fillers are more and the API is less.

It has turned out to be garbage for me and I am going to the H2 Pharma, as that is my only choice. 

I hope this helps.

I’d say 7-8 months have been rough, but it seems to be getting worse.

It’s probably been going on longer, but I am also on HRT and I had issues when the pharmacy got in a different batch of powder.

I’ve also been researching other places on line and many people are not happy with the new Teva. I have called them and also signed a petition, but I doubt it will do any good.

This is just my experience. Hopefully you will get better batches. 

3 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Hello Everyone,  I have been on lorazepam for ten years for and I’ve never had trouble with the TEVA brand but since I started the resupplied version after a shortage, I am having severe heart palpitations.  Does anyone else use TEVA?

Hey sorry your going thru this! Yes, I had issues with lorazapam! Still do! End of September/October i.began having intense anxiety. Panic attacks, I didn't understand this. In October i.had to start my taper. Every dose makes me more miserable. I'm down to under 1mg per day now.split 4x per day doses.

I was on lorazapam for about 5 yrs also when I was forced off too fast. I didn't understand what was happening to me. I was protracted and didn't even know what that was. Didn't know i would have withdrawal symptoms so it was difficult. Over 3 yrs. Er visits, different doctors etc. No one knew what was wrong. 9 months ago my new doc put me back on lorazapam and I was beginning to feel better but not completely. Went to er about 5 months ago where the er doc asked me, your not in withdrawal are u? No I Said, i take lorazapam It's not that! 

Oh but he was right.

1 month later had to go completely off, then taper. These pills were giving me panic attacks and anxiety so badly.

i researched and thought i was having a paradoxical reaction, where the reverse happens with medications. I did question if it had anything to do with the brand! Because there was a shortage then to.

Did you have to stop taking for any reason prior to this?

So it could be that teva has changed something or your having some sort of inner dose withdrawal or tolerance. 

Im.so sorry, i know how difficult this is to ho thru. Just have to set your.mind, taper slowly whether they help u or hurt u. Mine hurt me so it's very difficult but it has to be done.

Worst part of all, I can't take anything else to help me get thru it, but truthfully I don't want any more medications in my brain! 

You might try the er just to be sure, tell them what's up, at the very least you will get reassurance. 

Be well

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections

Were you on the Teva brand? I am curious.

I also have been trying to taper my Clonazepam, but it is so difficult because of the variations. I am almost 70 and getting tired of the battle. I am still determined.

You are so right. Whether they are hurting or not, a very slow taper is needed.

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Hey sorry your going thru this! Yes, I had issues with lorazapam! Still do! End of September/October i.began having intense anxiety. Panic attacks, I didn't understand this. In October i.had to start my taper. Every dose makes me more miserable. I'm down to under 1mg per day now.split 4x per day doses.

I was on lorazapam for about 5 yrs also when I was forced off too fast. I didn't understand what was happening to me. I was protracted and didn't even know what that was. Didn't know i would have withdrawal symptoms so it was difficult. Over 3 yrs. Er visits, different doctors etc. No one knew what was wrong. 9 months ago my new doc put me back on lorazapam and I was beginning to feel better but not completely. Went to er about 5 months ago where the er doc asked me, your not in withdrawal are u? No I Said, i take lorazapam It's not that! 

Oh but he was right.

1 month later had to go completely off, then taper. These pills were giving me panic attacks and anxiety so badly.

i researched and thought i was having a paradoxical reaction, where the reverse happens with medications. I did question if it had anything to do with the brand! Because there was a shortage then to.

Did you have to stop taking for any reason prior to this?

So it could be that teva has changed something or your having some sort of inner dose withdrawal or tolerance. 

Im.so sorry, i know how difficult this is to ho thru. Just have to set your.mind, taper slowly whether they help u or hurt u. Mine hurt me so it's very difficult but it has to be done.

Worst part of all, I can't take anything else to help me get thru it, but truthfully I don't want any more medications in my brain! 

You might try the er just to be sure, tell them what's up, at the very least you will get reassurance. 

Be well

Ns

Yes, and still on the TEVA brand! Idk, I really think my issues are with stopping and starting which cause either tolerance or paradoxical reaction.

Im.65, I know how ya feel. 

Stay strong,  you hang in there, we will get thru it. !

Take care now

Ns

H2 Pharma is the Klonopin Brand. Not generic. It replaced the Roche Brand, I believe. I will at least try it.

What brand were you on? How is your taper going? I hope and pray that you are doing better.

Dana

18 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi Dana, that's sounds great! I'm on lorazapam teva also, it will be interesting to see if the new brand makes a difference for u, keep me posted 

Been tapering since end of Sept, forced due to a reacton as I mentioned 

I'm down to just under mg per day, split into 4 doses,  so 4x per day.

Even that tiny little dose causes me misery but I tried to go off last week and it was a mistake. So I'm going for the long haul I guess. When I stabilize I take a little more off til it's gone! Then I'm going to go thru some hard times but have no choice,  I can't seem to take anything anymore.

Hope yours is easier than most, it's tough but well get thru it!

Praying for many here, you too Dana 

By now 

Ns

Hi again Dana! 

No, the Lorazapam isn't teva, I had some valium and clonazepam that are teva, can't take either of those either.

If you stopped and started you could have gone into tolerance or inner dose withdrawal, did you have to stop while waiting during supply issues?

I find that if I call different pharmacies and ask them what manufacturer they have for a particular medication that they order from different manufacturers at different pharmacies.  Try calling some other pharmacies and find one that is using a different drug manufacturer and switch your prescription to them if your having an issues with the one you are using..