Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Long term Xanax use Withdrawl. Will this ever end? Please help!

Hey guys.

I am really going through it. I was on Xanax from 18 I am now 33. In October I went into a detox because I was done with that life (was addicted to other things as well) and I wanted to get off the Xanax too and just live sober. So from October 3rd to October 14 they had me on Valium in there to taper me off the Xanax. Mind you I was on 6mg Xanax bars a day for all those years. October 14th they sent me to a rehab, the rehab ended up sending me back to detox due to having side effects from the medication still saying I couldn't concentrate and 'mind chatter". So I went back to detox and they then put me on Klonopin 0.5mg all the way till November 14 I then went to my Moms house. Idk what kind of taper that was but it did nothing and was terribly fast. I feel static fuzz around my brain every single day. My ears stay ringing. I feel like I am in constant fight or flight mode 24.7, my brain doesn't ever shut up, it runs on an on non stop. My heart is always dropping into my stomach at the thought of leaving my house or being around people, my brain feels like it's wide open where everyone can literally hear/see it. I can't even talk on the phone because my brain and heart freak out. I cannot do anything. I've been clean since then and I don't feel like this is going away. Do you all know how long this goes on for? When will I feel normal again? Do you all have any experiences, suggestions or advice? Please help! I feel so alone and I can't leave my house. I just want to feel myself again.

Edited by [Sh...]

Hi @[Sh...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I am terribly sorry for everything you've been through. Detox and rehab centres are notorious for ripping people off benzo's and letting them deal with the withdrawal consequences at home. Unfortunately you were tapered way too fast. The good news is your symptoms are normal for what you've been through and most people do recover from this. Unfortunately we just don't know how long it will take. It can take anything from a couple of months to two years, but the intensity of your symptoms should wear off over time until you fully recover. Please know you are not alone and we know what you're going through. You just need to give it more time and I know it's hard, but you can do this!

• Like 1