Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Strange Swelling 11 Weeks Off

I'm 11 weeks off V now and feeling good, so have started walking again and really enjoying it BUT I have really strange balls of fluid about the size of golf balls, pooling around my ankles, lower legs and knees.  The nerves are all hissing and feel cool.  Has anyone else had this strange type of mysterious swelling? I don't have any pain but there are quite a few numb patches 🤔

My feet and ankles were very swollen right after being off Valium. I noticed it about 2 weeks after my last dose.

I had no pain, thank goodness.

It took a few weeks to go down and it did come again one other time.

I didn’t have golf balls just looked like my ankles and feet were fat and swollen.

Sometimes these weird symptoms take a little time to appear, but they subside with time.

You sound great, by the way for 11 days off! Wow!

So happy for you 👍🏻

• Like 3

@[wi...] I'm  11 weeks off now.  My feet and knees feel WEIRD !! I know this is a post withdrawal thing because I can FEEL the nerves hissing.   It feels like someone has poured sodi bi carb into my brain today LOL 😅

I hope my swelling goes down fast too ♥️

• Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 02:15, [[L...] said:

I'm 11 weeks off V now and feeling good, so have started walking again and really enjoying it BUT I have really strange balls of fluid about the size of golf balls, pooling around my ankles, lower legs and knees.  The nerves are all hissing and feel cool.  Has anyone else had this strange type of mysterious swelling? I don't have any pain but there are quite a few numb patches 🤔

it’s definitely ongoing withdrawal I had it so bad before and my feet on my lower legs. I could actually hear the fluids slushing around as I walked at the time I was in unbeknown tolerance withdrawal. At the moment. I am having a taper from hell, I hope you get better soon.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

@[no...] just when you think this whole HORRIBLE thing is over, something else surfaces. I have whole body swelling but no pain.  It's so bloody hard to have to go through this all by yourself  🙈

• Sad 1

On 17/01/2024 at 13:31, [[M...] said:

I hope you feeling better now and it isn’t swelling anymore

@[Ma...] it's still there !! ♥️

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2024 at 20:48, [[L...] said:

@[no...] just when you think this whole HORRIBLE thing is over, something else surfaces. I have whole body swelling but no pain.  It's so bloody hard to have to go through this all by yourself  🙈

I'm live alone with no help too sweetie, so I know how hard it is, and I'm in my 60's and housebound :hug:

• Like 1

@[no...] yes I'm completely alone too and 56 but in a way I think this is a good thing because it makes us do things for ourselves.  I'm nearly 16 weeks off now.  I went out for lunch with mum and a friend today.  No anxiety after so many years ♥️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...