Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo wise doctors for Illinois.

Hi, is anybody aware of a good Doctor Who is benzo wise they can see patients in Illinois? Can be telemedicine.

• Like 1

Hi @[js...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Unfortunately I can't help you with your question but hopefully someone else will be able to point you in the right direction. 

It's quite difficult though to find doctors that are knowledgeable about benzo tapering, hence the existence of this site. My doctor had no idea how to taper me and I tapered off with the help from people here.

• Like 1

Following @[js...] I’m also in Illinois and struggling to find anyone knowledgeable.  The one plus I have with my psych dr is willing to support me through the taper to prescribe but he keeps trying to push other meds snris while I taper and I think that would probably kill me.  But he doesn’t push when I refuse. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Hi, is anybody aware of a good Doctor Who is benzo wise they can see patients in Illinois? Can be telemedicine.

This fellow comes highly recommended, but I believe he's long since retired.

1767608638_o-TOM-BAKER-DOCTOR-WHO-facebook(1).thumb.jpg.d38f5708fb3aa1c9b6bdd573131a7ebc.jpg.7d6f853ecdd2669e50c9e23111983b31.jpg

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, @[js...]. Great to have you aboard.

To answer your question, we do not carry a list. But other members might be able to point you in the direction of one.

From what part of the world do you hail?

Edit: Oops. It's in the title of the thread - Illinois, I see.

• Like 2

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, @[js...].

The Benzodiazepine Information Coalition maintains a list of benzodiazepine cooperative providers.  Per BIC: 

“The inclusion of a provider on this list does not imply expertise in benzodiazepine cessation … While some providers on our list are highly skilled in cessation methods, some are willing to provide prescriptions, but their tapering advice may be over-rapid and require further discussion.”

Here’s a link to the providers in Illinois:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/doctors/#illinois