Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Intense Wave After COVID and SSRI Brand Change Reaching Out for Support

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in an acute wave that is extremely intense. I'm alone and having multiple panic attacks a day. My memory feels like it is disappearing. I started feeling going downhill after a recent virus and a change in the brand of my generic Vilazadone. I increased the dose of Vilazadone from 20mg a day to 25mg a day with my doctors approval because the new generic was giving me SSRI WD symptoms, brain zaps etc. Just trying to get through this and calling on all of the support I can. Not sure what to do. 

Peace,

Z

I'd like to say that this is coming straight off of a solid three months or so of feeling extremely stable. 

@[Ze...], I’m sorry you are experiencing this setback. I’ve heard from others that covid can bring on an uptick in withdrawal symptoms. Covid can affect the nervous system. Additionally, it appears the brand change of your SSRI could be compounding the situation. How long ago did you have covid? 

If you had three stable months I have to believe you will once again. With those of us with sensitive nervous systems it doesn’t take much to upset the apple cart. Have you tried some deep belly controlled breathing? Breathe in for a count of 4, hold for a count of R and slowly exhale for a count of 7. This helped me a lot. 

Just remember, you are not alone, we’re here to support you.

• Like 2

Thank you piano girl. It's been about 5 days since my fever went away from what I assume was covid- it was either that or the flu but it was gnarly. Took one at home test that was negative. Symptoms were all in line with covid. I think right now the best thing to do is just to try to care for my nervous system in ways such as what you just mentioned with the breathing. I'm trying my best not to catastrophize the situation. I appreciate your support. <3 Z

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[Z...] said:

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in an acute wave that is extremely intense. I'm alone and having multiple panic attacks a day. My memory feels like it is disappearing. I started feeling going downhill after a recent virus and a change in the brand of my generic Vilazadone. I increased the dose of Vilazadone from 20mg a day to 25mg a day with my doctors approval because the new generic was giving me SSRI WD symptoms, brain zaps etc. Just trying to get through this and calling on all of the support I can. Not sure what to do. 

Peace,

Z

Zeropoint42, I'm so sorry to hear your going thru this!

please reach out to Pamster, Brighterday or jellybelly for support. Not sure who else here but I know they are quite helpful. 

Can your doctor switch u to a new ssri? Maybe it would help idk. I tapered off of celexa a few yrs back,  took my time but it was difficult.  If he can switch you to a different one it could be that your having a reaction to the generic idk.

Just a thought. 

Please know, many on this site are very supportive and I hope u continue to reach out and talk. It helps so much to have a supportive voice during times Ike these.

Take care

Ns

• Like 1

ZeroPoint42, , hey there again, ditto what piano girl advised, also, i practice thankfulness and greatfulness.even in the midst of this suffering, being thankful is so important. You can find something to be thankful for if u just stop and think about what life would be like without your family, home, food, water, etc. I watch trey Jones anxiety on YouTube sometimes. He's been thru depression,  anxiety, health anxiety disorder you name it, and has healed completely! He's good to watch, I can't listen so I use cc on YouTube. It helps to have someone who you can relate to during our hour of troubles. Also, Emma with therapy in a nutshell On YouTube, she's excellent with anxiety, ptsd. Trauma, depression.  She's a councilor therapist and it's all free. But she teaches us how to deal with stress, anxiety etc,  belly breathing, tapping, so many great tools. It keeps me busy, teaches my brain to heal. I am a spiritual woman and I lean mostly on God, so here are many options I think that can help you go thru this. I hope you will consider looking into them.

Try not to be symptom focused,  we all do it, get out of it once this happens, it only makes the symptoms dig in harder ok

Take care, stay close, many here are here to help ok

Be well

Ns

• Like 1

All of these things can really throw our systems out of whack. I have a friend who got Covid over Xmas and she still doesn't feel fully recovered from it and she's very healthy. Distraction is key. Not ruminating over your symptoms and trying to analyse it. Your body is recovering. It needs time to fight off the infection and adapt to the changes. Hopefully the intensity of your symptoms will level out soon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, [[Z...] said:

Thank you piano girl. It's been about 5 days since my fever went away from what I assume was covid- it was either that or the flu but it was gnarly. Took one at home test that was negative. Symptoms were all in line with covid. I think right now the best thing to do is just to try to care for my nervous system in ways such as what you just mentioned with the breathing. I'm trying my best not to catastrophize the situation. I appreciate your support. <3 Z

Hello again,

You are just getting over covid or whatever it is you have. There are a lot of things going around right now, some of them can be severe also. 

Your plan is solid, take care and nurture your sensitive system right now. Drink plenty of fluids and rest as much as possible. This will pass. This winter is very tough for all kinds of viruses. 

• Like 1