Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

16 months out having heart palpitations

I’ve got congestive heart failure. Blood pressure reading is good. 124/75, pulse 75, not in AFIB. EF is around 45%.  But the last week or so having severe heart palpitations almost feels like the heart is fluttering. Just wondering how long have you experienced heart palpitations  in your recovery? Any feedback would be appreciated. I r

Hi @[Gr...] I had palpitations prior to getting off benzos - I think it's quite possible they were related to tolerance withdrawal.  During withdrawal my palpitations  became way more pronounced and jarring; it really fed into my anxiety. Mine felt like flutter, hiccups, stuttering and skipped beats. I took propranolol occasionally for both the palpitations and the cortisol rushes.  It helped a lot but I was concerned about developing dependency so avoided taking it regularly.  Often just knowing I had the propranolol at hand was reassuring enough to me that I just bore the symptoms until they faded away (mine weren't 24/7. They went on for many months.  I'm four years out now and get them only very occasionally. I hope yours ease up and stop soon.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the feedback Brighterday. I guess it’s just another symptom I have to attach on my benzo belt. just when you think you’re getting closer to removing it something else is added.

I am 18 months out and I too have this symptom.  It is not as bad as it was 5 months ago but it is still there.  

Edited by [Pi...]
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/01/2024 at 13:24, [[P...] said:

I am 18 months out and I too have this symptom.  It is not as bad as it was 5 months ago but it is still there.  

Hi Picklepickle, just saw this thread. I'm curious about this topic because I have this symptom.  It's in my upper abdomen and goes up.to my chest causing what feels like tachycardia. It stops when I lay down on my back but happens when I stand or walk, does this sound like what you've been experiencing?

Thanks so much

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections

I have had a rapid heartbeat, maybe fluttering heart and maybe skipped beats.  I never really paid much attention to my heart so this is new territory for me.  It comes and goes.  I am middle aged so having this symptom  is more concerning but I accept that it is just another symptom.