Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pressure

I don’t understand this. I don’t see people heal with such symptoms so far out, I don’t even see many people having that. The pressure I get is terrible. It originates from the back of my head or the back of my neck and its strongest there. It kind of goes down and causes either immense pain or sometimes this internal burning it seems. It feels like someone is inflating my spinal cord. It’s not jolts, it’s steady. It’s extremely uncomfortable. Head pressure is so strong that my head feels like it’s falling asleep, like it’s going to implode. I don’t know what that is. It doesn’t make me want to pace or make me restless even though it’s strong so not sure if aka related, probably not per se. I am so scared. I cannot live with this. 

Edited by [Wi...]

@[Wi...] - I'm so sorry you're suffering like this.  

Your symptoms sound consistent with withdrawal symptoms.  It may be helpful to look at Chap. III of the Ashton manual which describes common symptoms.

It can help to include the following things regularly in your daily routine: very warm Epsom salts bath with essential oil of your choice, heat packs, gentle stretching, massage and relaxation exercises like yoga.

Do you think it would help reassure you to get checked out medically?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[Wi...] - I'm so sorry you're suffering like this.  

Your symptoms sound consistent with withdrawal symptoms.  It may be helpful to look at Chap. III of the Ashton manual which describes common symptoms.

It can help to include the following things regularly in your daily routine: very warm Epsom salts bath with essential oil of your choice, heat packs, gentle stretching, massage and relaxation exercises like yoga.

Do you think it would help reassure you to get checked out medically?

I am fine medically. I have already had these symptoms checked and again told it was all in my head. 

I just hate this so needed to vent. 

I understand.  Withdrawal symptoms like this can drive us to the edge.  It's good you come here to vent.  We understand as no-one else can unless they've been through this themselves.