Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Having a wave 722 days later

That's it, that's the post. Had an unbearable hot head and a terrible stomach for days on end. I thought I might be getting ill but it's definitely a wave.

I'd like to put it down to all the stress I've been under lately and say it's triggered a psychogenic fever but honestly I think drinking at Christmas was a part of it because that's what happened back in April (the last time I drank before that!).

Just letting it out here because I have nowhere else to express my disappointment. I guess this reaffirms my commitment to staying away from benzos/z-drugs and I guess, alcohol. I thought I was at a point where I could safely have one-off drinking sessions with loved ones and come away unscathed but I'm not so sure now, this might be a forever thing.

Hello @[Gy...],

We live and learn through this process. I know of several people who have had to forgo alcohol completely after going through benzo withdrawal. For some people, the cns remains highly sensitized. I hope things settle for you soon, I think they will.

1 hour ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[Gy...],

We live and learn through this process. I know of several people who have had to forgo alcohol completely after going through benzo withdrawal. For some people, the cns remains highly sensitized. I hope things settle for you soon, I think they will.

Thank you for your kind words, it's nice to be reminded you're not alone and I've been feeling down about it. I find antihistamines help a bit but it just comes back a little later. I hope you're doing well on your own journey.

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

Thank you for your kind words, it's nice to be reminded you're not alone and I've been feeling down about it. I find antihistamines help a bit but it just comes back a little later. I hope you're doing well on your own journey.

Thanks @[Gy...]. Fortunately my journey to wellness is over, I recovered many years ago. I totally agree with you that it helps to know you are not alone and that others have experienced similar issues relating to benzo withdrawal.