Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My story

I spent 25 years abusing benzodiazipine and 15 with a daily habit of no less than 15-30 mg zanax or klonopin habit. I had rx and bought street pills. Ten years ago i tried to stop i went into multiple detox and rehab programs . Ive been an addict since twelve and have come off speed, coke, crack, heroin, methadone, and suboxone. The benzos were the most diffucult. The opiates of course next in line and the combination i felt was impossible. in 2022 i spent a short time in jail and had no choice but to detox cold turkey . I believe i was given a tylonal and some malox ( once) . Now i've had friends die from withdrawal so i was scared of course but i survived. The worst symptoms lasted 2-3 weeks and the anxiety and tremors about a year. The first 9 months was full on psychosis at times . I found for myself that lexapro helped with depression and anxiety . I used to scroll the internet for some kind of hope and only found horor stories but i wanted anyone who is trying to break free to know it is  possible. Hardest withdrawal ive ever been through but possible. Thank God Ive been benzo free since May of 2022 and you couldn't pay me to go back.  I was a true fiend , addicted by 12 on the street by 18 and have done and seen it all. My life now has never been better. It's far from perfect but im happier then iv'e ever been and psychologically in much better shape. I wake up each day thankfull for my life. Don't give up. It is possible. 

• Like 5

Hi @[It...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Thank you so much for sharing your story! What a wonderful outcome for you. We need all this type of encouragement. I am so happy you are living your life right now. Please feel free to post this in Success Stories as well if you feel satisfied with your recovery. 

@[It...], you’ve certainly been through some tough times but it seems like your life has taken a gun for the better. Thanks for sharing this and I hope your life continues to be better and better.

On 13/01/2024 at 11:30, [[I...] said:

I spent 25 years abusing benzodiazipine and 15 with a daily habit of no less than 15-30 mg zanax or klonopin habit. I had rx and bought street pills. Ten years ago i tried to stop i went into multiple detox and rehab programs . Ive been an addict since twelve and have come off speed, coke, crack, heroin, methadone, and suboxone. The benzos were the most diffucult. The opiates of course next in line and the combination i felt was impossible. in 2022 i spent a short time in jail and had no choice but to detox cold turkey . I believe i was given a tylonal and some malox ( once) . Now i've had friends die from withdrawal so i was scared of course but i survived. The worst symptoms lasted 2-3 weeks and the anxiety and tremors about a year. The first 9 months was full on psychosis at times . I found for myself that lexapro helped with depression and anxiety . I used to scroll the internet for some kind of hope and only found horor stories but i wanted anyone who is trying to break free to know it is  possible. Hardest withdrawal ive ever been through but possible. Thank God Ive been benzo free since May of 2022 and you couldn't pay me to go back.  I was a true fiend , addicted by 12 on the street by 18 and have done and seen it all. My life now has never been better. It's far from perfect but im happier then iv'e ever been and psychologically in much better shape. I wake up each day thankfull for my life. Don't give up. It is possible. 

Wow.   Great and happy for you!!

On 12/01/2024 at 20:30, [[I...] said:

It is possible,  gosh thank u so much for sharing your life here! So inspirational,!!! You are a success story that everyone here needs to hear about. Your honesty truly shines thru, you are a shining example to so many in trouble today.

You may be able to use your experience to help others, or simply by being open here I know will help many! 

So happy for you, so grateful to know that there are success stories, happy endings and new beginnings!

May God bless you and lead you on your next journey.

Thank u!

Ns