Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Changing time of intake

Hi all,

Been taking clonazepam 1mg/day for the past 15 months or so. Use it because I have ME/CFS and it helps a lot with that - although obviously benefits stop at some point.

I tapered this summer without issues down to .45 but then went too fast, went to .35 immediately. Got a pretty bad crash early September (became bedbound) because of that and that has not resolved since (although I did make progress, got out of bed but still housebound). Reinstated back up to 0.75 which helped a little but not much.

Since reinstating, which I did early October, I’ve been taking 0.5 in the morning and 0.25 at around 6pm. Throughout December my sleep took a pretty bad turn so over the course of around 5 days I moved my time of intake of the 0.25 from 6pm to right before bed (around 10pm). 

About 10 days later I suffered another crash (bad fatigue, bedbound again) and I feel it’s because of that. Is it possible for the changing of time of intake to have such an effect? The clonazepam gives me energy so I feel like maybe my body was running on it in the evening and then suddenly I took that away? Is something like that possible? If yes, what would you recommend doing?