Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Xanax WD

Hi, everyone.

So, I had been taking 0.25 X sporadically for about a month or so (one dose daily at night) 

Upped to 0.50 only at night to sleep, for a little over 2 months. 

Told my GP I wanted off, so she suggested lowering to 0.25 for two weeks, and then any other day.

Since I lowered (3rd day today) I obvioulsly got anxious, which I expected, but am having dogestive issues (stomach pain, nausea and diarreah).

Is this to be expected after such a low dose for a short period of time? And if it is for how long will the symptoms last?

TIA

♥️

Hi Karina.

For low doses on short periods of time it shouldn't take more than 2~3 weeks.  During this time it's best to avoid any triggers and stress.  Also, the belief that it's gonna be difficult makes it more difficult.

I have 0,50mg X pills that I cut into 4 pieces, each having like ~0.125mg.  You could try first taking 0.125mg sublingual and then another if you feel that the first didn't work.

In my case I found it's best to take it when I felt the onset of a panic/anxiety attack to avoid taking 2x the dose to stop it.

• Like 1