Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Changing from Valium pills to Valium elixir liquid

Can anyone tell me if changing from Valium pills (4mg) to Valium elixir liquid  can inflame withdrawal symptoms 

It can and did in my case.  But it was worth it for me.  I would suggest not going to an all liquid valium at once.  Maybe switch over 1 mg at a time.

The directions on the bottom say to dilute before using.  I diluted it at a rate of 1 part liquid valium to 9 parts water.  This gave me a solution where 1 ml of the solution was equivalent to .1 mg of liquid valium.  I used the mix to gradually taper on a daily basis, with holds taken from time to time.  I got this method from the poster Builder who used to post here.

I created a mix of 9 ml water for each 1 ml of liquid diazepam.  I used a jar and a 10 ml syringe.  I used the 10 ml syringe to draw 10 ml of liquid valium and spray it into a jar.  Then used the same syringe to spray 90 ml of water into the jar.  

This gave me a mix where 1 ml of the liquid I created was equal to .1 mg valium  Using a syringe to draw from it, I was able to reduce my daily intake by very small amounts --like 1/50th a a MG.  

I would typically make 5-10 days worth in one batch and draw from that batch on a daily basis.  I did not need to refrigerate it.  This is much easier to understand if you are looking at the syringe.

I go into detail about it in this thread: https://benzobuddies.org/topic/274350-anyone-here-jumped-at-5-mg-v/#comment-3479204

Edited by [co...]
  • Like 1

Hi, @[co...].  Thank you for relaying your experience and what 'technique' worked for you and led to your freedom from diazepam.   A point of clarification if I may for other members/guests/potential readers.  While I have no doubt your success diluting the 5mg/5mL (1mg/1mL) manufacturer's oral solution - the manufacturer's label makes no such reference to 'dilution' or to 'dilute before using'.

Also, my understanding is that if diluted, we do not know the time in which this homemade 'mixture' is 'good for' - though one could assume it should most likely be consumed sooner rather than later.   

The manufacturer's label for the diazepam intensol oral solution (concentrate), CIV 25 mg per 5 mL (5mg/1mL) however does make the following recommendation:

Diazepam IntensolTM Oral Solution is a concentrated oral solution as compared to standard oral liquid medications. It is recommended that Diazepam IntensolTM Oral Solution be mixed with liquid or semi-solid food such as water, juices, soda or soda-like beverages, applesauce and puddings.

Use only the calibrated oral syringe provided with this product. Draw into the oral syringe the amount prescribed for a single dose. Then empty the oral syringe contents into a liquid or semi-solid food. Stir the liquid or food gently for a few seconds. The Diazepam IntensolTM Oral Solution formulation blends quickly and completely. The entire amount of the mixture, of drug and liquid or drug and food, should be consumed immediately. Do not store for future use.

I've attached both manufacturer's drug labels below.  Relevant information can be found in the 'Dosage and Administration' section of the manufacturer's drug labels.

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=9e85abed-1a8b-4762-a31f-f2c7f196b8af

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=1aaf9375-ae3d-4fed-9cd1-24102e00be1a

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Hi, @[co...].  Thank you for relaying your experience and what 'technique' worked for you and led to your freedom from diazepam.   A point of clarification if I may for other members/guests/potential readers.  While I have no doubt your success diluting the 5mg/5mL (1mg/1mL) manufacturer's oral solution - the manufacturer's label makes no such reference to 'dilution' or to 'dilute before using'.

Also, my understanding is that if diluted, we do not know the time in which this homemade 'mixture' is 'good for' - though one could assume it should most likely be consumed sooner rather than later.   

The manufacturer's label for the diazepam intensol oral solution (concentrate), CIV 25 mg per 5 mL (5mg/1mL) however does make the following recommendation:

I've attached both manufacturer's drug labels below.  Relevant information can be found in the 'Dosage and Administration' section of the manufacturer's drug labels.

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=9e85abed-1a8b-4762-a31f-f2c7f196b8af

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=1aaf9375-ae3d-4fed-9cd1-24102e00be1a

@[Fa...] It said so right on the label from the manufacturer.   Here is a link to a label that says it.  I looked on the web and located a picture of it.  It states this three lines down after "5mg per 5L"  https://mms.mckesson.com/product/775583/Roxane-Laboratories-00054318863

75583 - Copy.jpg

Edited by [co...]

Thanks for sharing the image of the old bottle distributed from Roxane Laboratories, Inc., @[co...].  They were acquired in 2015/2016 by Hikma Pharmaceuticals.  The drug labels I attached were from Hikma, and they do still have the notation ‘Dilute before using to enhance palatability’ on its ‘package photo’.  I can attest to it’s poor taste, though became accustomed to it.

As I mentioned up thread, all relevant information can be found in the 'Dosage and Administration' section of the manufacturer's drug label info.  I only wanted to inform the OP, other members, and guests whom may read this thread that diluting the 5mg/5mL solution is not required, nor even recommended.  For example, the same manufacturer recommends ‘mixing’ its 5mg/1mL concentrate with liquid or semi-solid food within the ‘Dosage and Administration’ section.

Again, I have no doubt to the success you achieved with your given ‘taper strategy’.  I simply wanted to clarify the statement:

10 hours ago, [[c...] said:

The directions on the bottom say to dilute before using.