Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tardive dyskenia

Manganese and niacin in the treatment of drug-induced dyskinesias.
https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1977-23692-001

Has anyone heard of tardive dyslenia? It's a product of using drugs including certain medications. 

Symptoms,  jerkiness, involuntary body movements etc. What we experience in benzo, anti depressant withdrawal is similar to tardive dyskinia. When I went thru my first forced withdrawal I experienced this. I am now in the thick of these same symptoms. I hope they don't stick around! 

It took almost 3 yrs for those symptoms to begin to fade, I ate a very strict diet because I had to. Then I started drinking boost, it has soy in it. Manganese! Turkey and rice, chicken, cashew butter, wheat bread, eventually broccoli and potatoes. Eggs came later. Too much iron will cancel out Manganese,  I had no idea I was eating  high Manganese diet, and low iron. I can't drink boost, nor take soy anything right now, my system is too sensitive.  Once I begin to stabilize after tapering I will resume taking soy hormone therapy again, drinking boost, and repeating the same diet. 

Please look up tardive dyskenia, look Into how it is healed and what helps with symptoms. 

If you are suffering from withdrawal symptoms that include involuntary body movements jerking etc, please keep thus in mind.  Research it, find out how it can be reversed once you've finished your taper! 

Hope this helps! 

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections