Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Changes to Valium and antidepressant during my taper

I’m now down to 4mg Valium (day 2) and will hold for 3 - 4 weeks.  My problem is the 10mg (low dose) of Paxil antidepressant I take has stopped working and is making my depression worse.  My psychiatrist wants me to now stop the Paxil and start Cipramil 10mg the next day, however my nerves are kindled and highly sensitive to any medication changes.  I tried to drop the Paxil 5mg this morning and I was a complete mess, additionally I just purchased my Valium elixir liquid which I was hoping to do a slow cross over during the next six weeks but I think it’s too many changes for my body at once. I think maybe after 10 days on this reduction I could possibly cope with the antidepressant changes.  Does changing to liquid Valium cause any problems with the withdrawal symptoms.  Any advice from you guys would be so appreciated right now as I am really struggling with this recent reduction, which was .5mg. 

Edited by [...]