Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

In intense withdrawl!

Hey guys, last couple days have been pretty rough to say the least.  Today, it's a nightmare! Stinging all over, spasms, belly in withdrawal after using prevacid for gerd. Jerking continously, numbness to a point I can barely walk or stand, cant lie down to find a position, Coordination is off, brain fog, poopies, you name it I think I got it this time. Having 22 hour panic attacks,  high anxiety even at night, feels like I can't breath but I can.

I missed one tiny 5am dose the other morning, felt great and slept a few hours, by 10 30am I'm having symptoms.  Went to er for gerd and belly pain,  had a meltdown in the er waiting room, I'm so ashamed of myself. I'm not the only sick person there ya know. I was rude! 

Today is so intense, it scares me, I don't usually let myself go there. Can't concentrate, can't focus, can't think! Er couldn't do anything, no gi as I mentioned, so im.in terrible withdrawal, have acid in my mouth, can't eat, need fatty foods i need for weight gain. This is what concerns me. 

Idk why this happened, I always have to know why something is or isn't, I'm a bottom line person, I need answers so I can address the issue you know. 

I hope this is just a short wave, I haven't changed the dose, just missed one a couple days ago so what the heck! 

Should I up dose? Taper down? I mean these things cause more panic attacks and anxiety than when I don't take them I think anyway.

Just needed to talk, cry a little you know, I can relate I did this 3 yrs ago but never this bad.

Thanks for listening 

Ns

@[ns...] I'm so sorry you're in such a bad wave.  Please don't berate yourself for expressing your anxiety at the ER.  These drugs can drive us to the edge sometimes.  It isn't YOU; it's benzo withdrawal.  

I think there must be multiple facts contributing to what you're going through right now.  It's hard to separate out causation when there are multiple medications and health concerns.

What jumps out at me is that:

1. you're withdrawing from a short acting benzo, lorazepam;  it can be more challenging to taper a short acting benzo.  Do you feel better at all after you take a dose?  That would suggest you're dealing with interdose withdrawal.  Has anyone ever suggested the possibility or have you considered that you could switch to a longer acting benzo?

2.  Kindling is probably a big factor in my opinion since you have started and stopped lorazepam previously.  This is thought to set a person up for more severe withdrawal symptoms in subsequent tapers.  

I don't know what interactions Prevacid might cause, if any.  You might want to consider entering your meds into this drug interaction checker: http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

I hope your wave eases up soon.  Hang in there.  It's incredibly challenging but you will dig deep and you will get through this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...] I'm so sorry you're in such a bad wave.  Please don't berate yourself for expressing your anxiety at the ER.  These drugs can drive us to the edge sometimes.  It isn't YOU; it's benzo withdrawal.  

I think there must be multiple facts contributing to what you're going through right now.  It's hard to separate out causation when there are multiple medications and health concerns.

What jumps out at me is that:

1. you're withdrawing from a short acting benzo, lorazepam;  it can be more challenging to taper a short acting benzo.  Do you feel better at all after you take a dose?  That would suggest you're dealing with interdose withdrawal.  Has anyone ever suggested the possibility or have you considered that you could switch to a longer acting benzo?

2.  Kindling is probably a big factor in my opinion since you have started and stopped lorazepam previously.  This is thought to set a person up for more severe withdrawal symptoms in subsequent tapers.  

I don't know what interactions Prevacid might cause, if any.  You might want to consider entering your meds into this drug interaction checker: http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

I hope your wave eases up soon.  Hang in there.  It's incredibly challenging but you will dig deep and you will get through this.

Brighterday,  thank u!

No all meds do this to me, I get stinging all over but it's finally calming down but I had to take another, geez!

I.missed a dose 2 am ago, just this little tiny piece, 1_4of a mg, did fine, then it hit me later. And today it was 20x worse.

No I don't feel better after taking it, I went off because they had done a reverse on me, so.i thought paradoxical reaction but idk. I just want off! The  odd thing is that if I don't take it during the day, I also have serious withdrawal so I'm stuck! The 2 might doses don't cause me much issue, I usually get an hour or more, but 11am dose and 5pm are miserable.  Now it get intense anxiety and panic starting at 9am, never happened before unless I took the dose, but still after taking it I get serious panic attacks and anxiety. Today is tough, but it's decreasing, I'm about an hour I'm due for next dose, ugh. 

I haven't reduced the dose, haven't stabilized yet so I'm stuck! 

All benzos do the same to me, so that's not an option now.

Thank you though, I appreciate your compassion. 

Take care 

Ns