Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

There's a storm coming...

I mean this literally.  I have been very sensitive to weather changes for about 25 years or so, even pre-benzo.  But it really ramped up during the benzo years and is still happening post-benzo.  It seems though, that there are a lot of folks on here who have been having a particularly rough time of it the last couple of days.  I wonder where everyone lives, as there is a huge winter storm gearing up to cross the entire U.S. this weekend.  I wonder how many of us are feeling that coming.  I am.   At least I think that might be what's going on.   I feel terrible.  I'm back to terrible insomnia, my midsection buzzing and spasming, migraines, sinus problems, visual distrubances...blah, blah, blah, etc., etc...you get the idea.

• Like 1

I absolutely have noticed more headaches and sinus issues as the weather here in the mid-Atlantic goes from almost spring like weather to rainy, stormy days, and now a possibility of snow next week.  The barometric pressure is all over the board and I am at the present suffering from sinus issues, with plugged ears and lots of clear phlegm.   I am just taking Benadryl and doing sinus rinses, as this is a viral infection. I went through this last year at almost the same time, and it lasted for about two weeks.  My doctor said his office is flooded with patients suffering with long lasting colds and sinus problems.  More than even the flu or Covid!

Ready for spring!

GG

• Like 2

I am in Europe but also in a horrible wave out of nowhere with symptoms ramped up 10x worse than normal 😬

Just now my midsection is buzzing like yours. And I normally don’t really get it this bad. 

Hope we both feel better soon!

Edited by [Wi...]
  • Like 1

I used to be weather sensitive long before i started taking benzo. It got much worse when, as i think, i developed tolerance to it. But, believe it or not, i don't feel anything too special when the weather is changing now. I'm extremely surprised at the fact, but, perhaps, it's because i'm always a bit or more unwell for the time being. And if i happen to have a really good painless day or two, i'm so happy that no weather can make it different. I can't stop being astonished but there it is. 

I do hope that one day we will all forget the misery of the withdrawal and be able to enjoy life 24/7, no weather concerned) 

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

I mean this literally.  I have been very sensitive to weather changes for about 25 years or so, even pre-benzo.  But it really ramped up during the benzo years and is still happening post-benzo.  It seems though, that there are a lot of folks on here who have been having a particularly rough time of it the last couple of days.  I wonder where everyone lives, as there is a huge winter storm gearing up to cross the entire U.S. this weekend.  I wonder how many of us are feeling that coming.  I am.   At least I think that might be what's going on.   I feel terrible.  I'm back to terrible insomnia, my midsection buzzing and spasming, migraines, sinus problems, visual distrubances...blah, blah, blah, etc., etc...you get the idea.

hard to say for me as I tapered again 4 days ago, 5 I guess since the 5th.  I'm having some wd sxs again that had been gone for a time.  I've often felt worse when our temps change though, for years, mostly in the last 8.  I watch occasionally, Ryan Hall Ya'll.  He's pretty good at reading radar, and left his job as a TV Weatherman to have his own Youtube Channel with a whole slew of Storm-chasers.

Anyway, I think weather does affect me, the quick changes we have here on the coast of PNW anyway ;) oregonlady.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Yes! 

The barometric pressure goes down and intensifies anxiety. Just read it last night. But I've always had issues with weather change. Had a pretty good snow squall come in yesterday,  I didn't need that! Maybe that's why the intense withdrawal symptoms today??? 

But yes, you are right, we can definitely feel weather changes especially when barometric pressure drops.

Ns

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

I am in Europe but also in a horrible wave out of nowhere with symptoms ramped up 10x worse than normal 😬

Just now my midsection is buzzing like yours. And I normally don’t really get it this bad. 

Hope we both feel better soon!

The intensity of the buzzing is new for me, too.  It really freaked me out during the night.  I hope we're both better soon, too!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

The intensity of the buzzing is new for me, too.  It really freaked me out during the night.  I hope we're both better soon, too!

Symptoms are finally coming down! 

I hope the same for you!

Ns

• Like 3

3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I wonder where everyone lives,

Hi There,

I am in Eastern Canada - +5 9Celcius here today - it's awesome!  Oh the headaches, sinuses and pain!!!!  

• Like 2

Just now, [[D...] said:

Hi There,

I am in Eastern Canada - +5 9Celcius here today - it's awesome!  Oh the headaches, sinuses and pain!!!!  

Oh I thought you were I'm England! 

How are u feeling? The pressure really affected me, been having serious withdrawal issues today.

I think that might be why but the prevacid also causes me to sting all over just Like all meds do to me

Ns

@[ns...]  I am not sure if you have watched Seinfeld and seen Elaine dancing.  I spent 2 hours on the bed with uncontrollable muscle jerks and spasms.  I looked like Elaine dancing except I was horizontal. lol!  It's constant!  But I am learning to lean into it :).  When I drift off to sleep I immediately jerk up in a panic.  Since then, I have been going over my medical reports and doing some research...it seems that is all I do now.  I think I am in the acceptance phase that I may never have a full life again!  I am not giving up on my physiological issues though.  I hope you are feeling better now :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

@[ns...]  I am not sure if you have watched Seinfeld and seen Elaine dancing.  I spent 2 hours on the bed with uncontrollable muscle jerks and spasms.  I looked like Elaine dancing except I was horizontal. lol!  It's constant!  But I am learning to lean into it :).  When I drift off to sleep I immediately jerk up in a panic.  Since then, I have been going over my medical reports and doing some research...it seems that is all I do now.  I think I am in the acceptance phase that I may never have a full life again!  I am not giving up on my physiological issues though.  I hope you are feeling better now :)

No no no, you will get past it,bit will get better. It was getting better for me before I went back on which I now regret! It was a process but it will happen. 

Seinfeld,  lol, oh yeah I've seen Elaine dancing, haha 😂,  but I can't kean into it. I have a floating rib And it's cutting into me everytime I move wrong including trying to sleep! 

It's been such a hard day, I'm in and out of acceptance,  I tell everyone else to accept but them I go thru it and I'm back and forth with questioning,  what is going on? Is it my bowel, my stomach, why am I stinging all over like bees! 

Bla bla, I'm such a baby, I'm exhausted, it gets to me sometimes,  my poor husband,  o must say I'm sorry 10x a day to hom. But he always trys to tell me how to handle it haha, I get so mad!!! Then I have to tell him, it's not in my head, it's withdrawal remember? Lol,  then he apologizes and recycles the next day or two. 

51 yrs of marriage, boy he has patience, I've been sick for so long. I'm grateful for him. Don't know what I'd do if not for him, but we are stringer for it! 

How are u doing miss, I'm still on my sane 1mg split into 4 doses. Frustrating,  I want off! 

I know I won't miss another full dose no matter how small it is for sure. That was a sure mistake!

Ns

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Symptoms are finally coming down! 

I hope the same for you!

Ns

Darlene 71

I forgot to mention, I've been numb forb3 yrs, my right leg to foot, butt and pelvic now too. So when I sit, it goes straight up inside me to my bowel,causing spasmsvand numbness. This is why I freak out and think I need a gi and neurologist. Have appointment with neuro in Feb, but gi , couldn't find one today. Only er I guess,bthat stinks, everyone is so sick in the er right now. 

Do u experience this?

10 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

51 yrs of marriage,

WOW!  Congratulations!  I happy to hear you have such a strong support in him.  I am learning that true support is critical!  I am not sure where I will find it.  I am moving (not sure when) back to where my family is but want to get all physical testing out of the way.  There is no way my family will be prepared for this!  HaHa I said to someone else that I wished there were a place we could all be together....a BENZO Cult lololol!!!  My mom is like, "throw" those medications out.  I tried to explain but she was right in saying, "you are already at rock bottom so the only place to go is up."  I think she is right!  Anyway my goal is to treat my masked physical symptoms (that led me to Benzos bc those issues are still there) before I go.  It just might make things easier.  A GI and Neurologist I think is important, in this case bc we don't know the extent of damage from this poison.  My MRI showed a paranasal polyp and Chronic Small Vessel Disease...wondering if the benzes did that.  I think you should see a neurologist for that numbness......I have had numbness and tingling in my feet since I was a kid.  My brother has it too, and his whole leg would go numb and he would have to be picked up.  He also had crazy cramps in his legs at night.  He is still suffering but isn't taking medication.  I do actually get pain from my leg up to my buttock - left side- that happened a few days ago.  My genetic testing might tell me something.  :)   Hope you are feeling better and pls keep me posted

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

WOW!  Congratulations!  I happy to hear you have such a strong support in him.  I am learning that true support is critical!  I am not sure where I will find it.  I am moving (not sure when) back to where my family is but want to get all physical testing out of the way.  There is no way my family will be prepared for this!  HaHa I said to someone else that I wished there were a place we could all be together....a BENZO Cult lololol!!!  My mom is like, "throw" those medications out.  I tried to explain but she was right in saying, "you are already at rock bottom so the only place to go is up."  I think she is right!  Anyway my goal is to treat my masked physical symptoms (that led me to Benzos bc those issues are still there) before I go.  It just might make things easier.  A GI and Neurologist I think is important, in this case bc we don't know the extent of damage from this poison.  My MRI showed a paranasal polyp and Chronic Small Vessel Disease...wondering if the benzes did that.  I think you should see a neurologist for that numbness......I have had numbness and tingling in my feet since I was a kid.  My brother has it too, and his whole leg would go numb and he would have to be picked up.  He also had crazy cramps in his legs at night.  He is still suffering but isn't taking medication.  I do actually get pain from my leg up to my buttock - left side- that happened a few days ago.  My genetic testing might tell me something.  :)   Hope you are feeling better and pls keep me posted

Darlene71, so glad to hear your moving to a support system with your family. I was concerned about how you. I know family isn't always ideal, but just anyone who lives u enough to care is important to have around u. I have small vessel desease,  ischemic disease, small bulge in my abdominal aorta, with calcification all around in there. So having these symptoms causes us to question you know? I just stupidity ate a piece of a banana,  I knew better but I have the poopies and had to see if it would help, now I'm stinging everywhere! It's histamine food and I knew that but had to try it. 

It's funny, when I started feeling better last yr after almost 3 yrs of withdrawal,  I ate bananas at times with a chocolate boost every morning and it didn't bother me, bit then my husband got me donuts, chocolate donuts and I enjoyed them thoroughly lol, .but then..., my symptoms returned as have many others due to eating sugar. So the boost had sugar, the banana and the donuts,, big mistske! Gosh we can't havebany fun! 

But it's interesting how these benzos change us chemically, if your a hypersensitive person, this experience will bring out the worst,  Brighterday just mentioned to me that lorazapam are short acting and more difficult to get off but I can't switch,cant take valium either so it is what it is.

The neurologist I'm going to see is quite good but he does those tests that hurt! I don't want anymore pain thank u! But I'm sure he can figure things out. Then I'm going to a brain and physical therapy place, counseling, gi, gyn, so. Lots to do, but I didn't do any of this for 3 yrs because of the myoclonic jerks and symptoms then, this time I don't have a choice bits getting out if hand, just don't want anyone telling me I must be on some phyce drugs, I will not! I think I've tried them all, all did adverse effect so idk how that will work. When unget older you know they know whats best for u don't u know lol, I'm 65 yrs old, I can make my own decisions, so that will be that! 

Anyways, I'm relieved to hear that you are moving closer to family. We are in the USA, have family but don't see anyone due to my issues, can't stand noise yet, I'm desensitizing my hearing but I gave a tumor in my right ear, brain actually and I have distorted hearing so I'll also be seeing an ent. After radiation it really messed me up in all kinds if ways. 9.mri scans and radiation reality took its toll on me. So with withdrawl the tinnitus is pretty bad.

I've been sitting in the lr while he watches TV with low sound and no plugs,.I'm getting there.

Anyway I'll get off here, let you breath, been a tough day, keep me posted, I'll be here just going to take a break! Hubby making a Meatloaf with little ingredients because I can't have anything like tomato sauce, ketchup etc, it's tough but he does ok lol, bless his heart! 

K

Talk soon

Ns

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[B...] said:

It's Summer here, and I've been feeling like crap for the past week, there was a huge storm with floods yesterday, so there may be something to your theory.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, [[D...] said:

@[Da...], i like your attitude. It really encourages)

i don't know wether you are tapering or already off benzo but you sound as if you are in the thick of it now and i'm really sorry for you but i guess everything is going to get better. The withdrawal isn't a sentence however torturous it is.  I used to have the same "dancing" legs and it lasted for months. I also know what you mean by waking up in a jerk of panic while falling asleep. This sensation is definitely gone now) but i do remember how it was and the sleepless hours that were to come after the jerks. 

As far as i know there is no real harm done to us by benzo. We just need time to recover, sometimes lots of time though.

I think acceptance is a necessary thing in our condition but its a kind of temporary acceptance. That means we sre fragile now and we have all rights to be this way but it won't last forever.

Sorry for a bit of off top)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

Hello @[Bu...]

One of my most prominent symptom is weather sensitivity. I am/was hit very hard by this. 

Each time the barometric pressure changes, rain or snow is coming, I feel instense chest pain, burning skin, random numbness, agitation. The connection here is absolutely clear to me.

I actually set up a temperature sensor/barometric sensor station that displays the changing parameters, displays on an OLED sensor and creates a graph, so I can prepare. It is hard to find good balance here, because the most effective 'treatment' is distraction (but the sharp chest pain osten is there nonetheless). 

Hopefully this is going to fade away, I see signs of that.

Until then, distraction and good self care is key.

:mybuddy:

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Tapering but I went from 1mg Clonazepam 2 X Daily to 1 Mg just over a week ago.  A 50% cut lol ...tortured myself

@[Da...], i can imagine how you are feeling. I did about the same once and i wouldn't repeat the experience by any means... Hold on! The better days are to come, anyway)

• Like 1