Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

27 Years on A been tapering for a year with Prof. assistance. K question

Like the subject says, been tapering for a year from approx. 27 years on A, prescribed for anxiety with a 'life change'. Any way, doing failrly well, has some muscle strain type and minor morning anxiety, down to .5 a day. Dr. switched to K .5 a day bc of longer half-life, and intermittent benzo belly (not unexpected) and some facial tooth numbness and sinus issues as well as dry eye (actually tearing) on one side; had begun a while ago). It's all faily tolerable (as I'm kind of a veteran at most symptoms). My question is should I hold w the K? I'm assuming the Dr. will drop down further, (I have been holding for a few months). 

• Like 1

You were on xanax before the k?

Yes veteran for sure..long ride!

Stay on the same dose as long as needed IMO. 

Oh I miss read that you had taper for 27 years! Sorry.. Still the same answer tho. Stay as long it takes to get stability :balloon:

Edited by Guest

Im assuming 27yrs on valium? What was your doseage? I've been on Valium for over 30 years and have discovered that even while on a relatively small dose of 5mg that it no longer helps my anxiety rather seems to increase it. How did you start your taper?

Thanks guys.

Yes. I had been on benzos (mostly ativan for 27 years). I began my taper a  year ago, January 2023. I was on 4mg (2mg am, 2mg pm) when I began to taper. I  am on Gaba 500 mg while tapering down A and was switched to longer half life K now at .5 a day, because of some intermittent anxiety.  About 3 months ago started w the facial, sinus, eye neuropathy stuff. I will recommend Dr. to hold for now, again. As many members say, I'd rather have the physical symptoms rather than the mental ones....no one gets out scot free!

Well some (maybe), but not us. 

Thanks again.