Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sugar chocolate

Hello can anyone tolerate chocolate or chocolate.  How does it make you feel. Even a tiny bit thank you . X

Yes, occasionally chocolate is ok for me. I think a good quality brand is preferable - there are fancy sugar free ones (can’t recall names - sorry) that I used to buy from the health food shop. 
My view is that a small treat is welcome, if it agrees with you, when this benzo nonsense is making life unbearable! 

• Like 2

Thank you had a small piece of chocolate last night.  Today anxiety is unbelievable.  Would a small amount cause that. X

I guess it depends on sensitivity. Sorry it created anxiety. Any sugar can cause a spike/rush. Let it subside. 
The bars I had were vegan, organic think called Ombar. Not manufactured everyday sweetness but a bit different. 

I have chocolate, not much, maybe two squares of 85% which has much less sugar, but I prefer the taste so its not because of low sugar that I eat it. Honestly I don't think it makes any difference as long as our GABA receptors are fragile. I think we tend to worry over everything far too much because of the state we are in. Everything becomes an issue when it really isn't the problem.  Healing our GABA receptors is the big deal and everything else is peripheral.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I have chocolate, not much, maybe two squares of 85% which has much less sugar, but I prefer the taste so its not because of low sugar that I eat it. Honestly I don't think it makes any difference as long as our GABA receptors are fragile. I think we tend to worry over everything far too much because of the state we are in. Everything becomes an issue when it really isn't the problem.  Healing our GABA receptors is the big deal and everything else is peripheral.

Why does it take so long.over 2 years now. Thank you  x

@[...]Are you taking any other medication? Maybe the body needs this time to adjust getting off all this stuff. Not feeling too good either after 10 months and 2 weeks. Pretty bad still, but I know its got nothing to do with chocolate so enjoy that at least!

Edited by [WU...]
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

@[...]Are you taking any other medication? Maybe the body needs this time to adjust getting off all this stuff. Not feeling too good either after 10 months and 2 weeks. Pretty bad still, but I know its got nothing to do with chocolate so enjoy that at least!

Thank you I'm on paroxatine and Mirtazapine.  X

Paroxetine and Mirtazapine are both anti-depressants, is that right? Are you tapering of these too?

I'm not sensitive to sugar so i buy dark chocolate at least once s week. A bit less sugar in dark chocolate mostly.

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Paroxetine and Mirtazapine are both anti-depressants, is that right? Are you tapering of these too?

No not yet..x

7 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I'm not sensitive to sugar so i buy dark chocolate at least once s week. A bit less sugar in dark chocolate mostly.

Lucky you I think I am but not sure. X

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Try a chocolate with high % of cacao and less sugar.. I belive cacao is good for the spirit too :clap:

thank you I will.  X

• Like 1