Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

11 weeks off and feeling awesome !!

Most of the symptoms have stopped.  A few waves of chemical terror still but my brain is learning how to bring it down fast.  Some periodic nerve burning in my left hand and left side of brain.  I have always eaten all foods in moderation, right throughout this process, had one morning coffee with milk and sugar, then only water for the rest of day.  I spent weeks inside completely completely resting with the curtains shut away from ALL stimulus.  Light, sound, physical activity, everything. I eat all healthy foods and some treats like chocolate and cake. Don't be frightened of the symptoms, they mean you are HEALING ♥️

My life is now starting to return to normal.

I stopped doom scrolling long ago as it was keeping me in the dark chemical head space.  According to Dr Josef, the MAJORITY of people are like me, almost healed at 3 months off.  I am a million times more well and happy now, than I was during the 26 years that I took first Xanax then Valium. Ending up on Valium 25mg and rapidly weaned off in hospital in 24 days.

Life is good. Life is amazing.

Rest. Drink water. Don't eat junk but do have some treats. Avoid toxic people and gossip. Appreciate the beauty of nature ♥️

Edited by [Li...]
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

That's awesome to hear. Very proud of you. I'm on day 5 of my xanax withdrawal of cold Turkey.

Congratulations on your success. 

• Love 1

My body is sorta buzzing a little it's weird feeling buy good feeling.

Think I'm over the worst of it.

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[bc...] yep my left hand and brain are still buzzin away but it's ALL GOOD 😍

I’m so happy for you that your feeling great, I hope someday me too. It’s just really hard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

Most of the symptoms have stopped.  A few waves of chemical terror still but my brain is learning how to bring it down fast.  Some periodic nerve burning in my left hand and left side of brain.  I have always eaten all foods in moderation, right throughout this process, had one morning coffee with milk and sugar, then only water for the rest of day.  I spent weeks inside completely completely resting with the curtains shut away from ALL stimulus.  Light, sound, physical activity, everything. I eat all healthy foods and some treats like chocolate and cake. Don't be frightened of the symptoms, they mean you are HEALING ♥️

I stopped doom scrolling long ago as it was keeping me in the dark chemical head space.  According to Dr Josef, the MAJORITY of people are like me, almost healed at 3 months off.  I am a million times more well and happy now, than I was during the 26 years that I took first Xanax then Valium. Ending up on Valium 25mg and rapidly weaned off in hospital in 24 days.

Rest. Drink water. Don't eat junk but do have some treats. Avoid toxic people and gossip. Appreciate the beauty of nature ♥️

SO good to hear we need inspiration like this!

• Love 1

@[Ma...] It has been the hardest, most terrifying thing I've ever been through in my life but when it finishes,  you can hardly even remember it.  You're healing 😍

10 hours ago, [[L...] said:

THIS is amazing!  Congratulations!!!  I am so happy to hear these stories!  So much HOPE, thank you for sharing :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Good job and congratulations! I'm like you.. slowly better each week.

😄😄

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2024 at 21:00, [[b...] said:

That's awesome to hear. Very proud of you. I'm on day 5 of my xanax withdrawal of cold Turkey.

Congratulations on your success. 

How much did u take for how long if u dnt mind? I have been on 0.5 a day for 3 yrs im afraid to cold turkey:(

• Like 1

On 10/01/2024 at 20:31, [[L...] said:

Awww, that's awesome! Thanks for the encouraging words, needed that! So happy for you 

Ns

• Like 1

On 10/01/2024 at 23:31, [[L...] said:

Do you sleep naturally or are you taking something to help? I’m taking hydroxyzine and dayvigo and wonder if they are hindering my progress. I’m close to two months off of temazepam. I took it for two months and that is including my three week taper I did. I still have a hard time sleeping at night.

• Like 1

@[Jo...] I was taking a pharmacy sleeper twice a week but not anymore.  I sleep OK now, it's broken sleep but I get enough 👌

On 24/01/2024 at 10:01, [[l...] said:

How much did u take for how long if u dnt mind? I have been on 0.5 a day for 3 yrs im afraid to cold turkey:(

@[lo...] 25mg Valium for 26 years.  Rapid tapered off in 24 days in hospital.  It's a LONG journey !

On 11/01/2024 at 17:09, [[A...] said:

Way to go Lisa. I am happy for you. Thanks for sharing. 👍

@[An...] it certainly isn't linear, that's for sure !! The neurological injury is still there and will take some time to heal. 100 days off this Thursday.  Every day I wake up I think.......I just can't believe I'm sitting here with brain damage that started AFTER stopping a prescribed medication !! 🙈