Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need some hope

Last year I was polydrugged after comming of benzos beceause of the wd symptoms.. i have been polydrugged with 7 meds in 4 months time and i am now off everything 4 months but i am getting worse.. my brain is 100% shutting down. My nervous system is lose of my body everytime i touch something i kneel or do something i feel my nervous system.. i dont know whag to do i am getting worse everyday i have also huge preassure. Every nerve in my body is moving 

Edited by [it...]

I'm really sorry to hear this. Don't worry there are some excellent people on this forum and will help you alot.

Hang in there brother.

@[Co...]

Edited by [bc...]

Hello @[it...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am sorry to learn that you are struggling so much.

Can you tell us some more about the other medications, when you were taking them, and at what dose so that we might better understand your situation.

Hello @[it...] and welcome to the from from me as well.

Many people have been put on adjunct medications during benzo withdrawal. Some of these meds are not very benign and also require tapering. It would help to know what drugs you were given and if you stopped them all suddenly, cold turkey.

That being said, 4 months off 7 meds is pretty early. We look forward to hearing back from you.

I was on lamictal 3 months i think this one made me much worse and on zoloft 6 weeks, lyrica a week, buspitone a week, wellbutrin 1.5 weeks and valium 3 weeks did also magical mushrooms and supps well i was on the lowest dose off al so i think i did qt

Edited by [it...]

7 hours ago, [[i...] said:

my brain is 100% shutting down.

This is me!  Same thing with the polydrugged happened with me.  I am still feeling the side effects of going on and coming off.  I think every drug out there has to be tapered, as opposed to the doctors saying you can just stop them.  I am in a black hole with symptoms but I am staying the course.  My pharmacist has been amazing.  the only thing that gives me relief is when I'm researching this subject to death (I like writing and research and at least half the days I am distracted by this).  I feel so sorry for what you are going through.  That is the best thing about this site, everyone gets it.  the worst thing is that even though we all KNOW, it's hard to say what would work for you.  My whole body is in tremors...but instead of showers now I am taking hot baths and at bedtime, even though I sweat, I pile blankets on me and I stick my feet out to the fan, or put on wet socks for the tingling and electric-like shocks.  I remember even doing a tight, wet headband to stop my dizziness and to restrict my head.  I have no idea why I came up with that but it helped.  Sometimes it's just the small things.  I went to ER when my shaking was really bad, my blood pressure was low and I had a high resting heart rate - that promoted more detailed blood work, a gastrenscopy and an ultrasound of my thyroid.  Turns out I do have nodules on my thyroid gland - we just never know what else is contributing to the severity of the symptoms.  I so hope you find some relief, somehow.  Thoughts are with you.  Sitting here reading and writing is keeping me somewhat sane!  My thoughts are with you and everyone else who are going through this. 

2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I was on lamictal 3 months

Did you taper this one?  This one has to be tapered slowly, as with all of them I guess.  As is often the case, many psych meds cause a rebound of the very thing they are supposed to treat.  I now consult with my pharmacist for any medications, long term effects, withdrawals etc..even supplements...they know so much more about medications.  My pharmacist is with working with me and hopefully, through support in this group to get off Clonazepam.  She can't direct me by means of a taper but she can make sure I get the right dosage of pills to do the taper.  When I am in really rough shape I call her..and she usually has some advice.  DO you have a good relationship with a pharmacist who may be able to assist in the way of alleviating your symptoms?

No i dropped from 25 mg to 0.. i heard lamictal is also very hard on the body i hope i survive these nasty symptoms 😭

Yes I just did some research on Lamictal and it is anti-convulsant, and apparently has some of the same withdrawals effects as Benzos themselves.  I am intolerance to Clonazepam .....just realized last night that I am also likely in withdrawals from Clonodine.  I was taking clonidine for maybe 2 years (Psych forgot he even prescribed them), then I went to A Wellness Rehab Center to Taper Benzos....BAD IDEA!  They stopped the clonidine Cold Turkey and researching last night I found out how that was such a bad idea.  Is I am in withdrawals from Clonodine and In Tolerance to Clonazepam!  FUN!  I just wish there was an actually little community we could all go to, where these horrendous symptoms are the norm but we would each other!  Clonodine is used to treat high blood pressure and off label for anxiety symptoms...thought it was completely safe!!!!  I didn't know about it being a blood pressure medication...and because I have very low blood pressure, this medication had my average BP at 80-902/40-50 from the time I started and often still.

Edited by [Da...]

Awh how are you now?

If my hugeee head pressure lift i would be so happy.. 

My dok sayd oh no the lamictal is so easy on the body i think this one is harder then my xanax wd last year 😅

12 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Awh how are you now?

I had a great day/evening after finding this group - well I found it before but only joined yesterday - so good in fact that I stayed up late, then couldn't sleep so didn't bother with trying.  I got up, did some more researching, reading of stories here, and chores(for first time in months, I actually made breakfast).  My husband just got back from picking up my prescription and our pharmacist said" I was talking to Darlene, she had a good night", to which my husband replied..."So good that she didn't sleep."  Now just  A Little HaHa for you - What's the difference between how a Psychiatrist and a Pharmacist would respond to that?  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psychiatrist..."You're BiPolar...I'll Write a prescription for that!

Pharmacist....."She hasn't been feeling well in so long she didn't want it to end."  BINGO

For your head pressure, maybe it's worth a try to do what I did, get an elastic bandage, or anything stretchy that you can get wet and wrap it snuggly around where the pressure is????  Also when I get sinus headaches I rub a little bit of Vicks Vapor rub on my upper back, chest and just under my nose..I find that helps a lot with the pressure.  My Body is like a never-ending mini earthquake.  

Edited by [Da...]