Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering with POTS

please help, anyone with POTS that got WAY worse pots symptoms while tapering see improvements? Every time I cut this gets worse I can barely stand up now without awful awful symptoms. Down to .18 mg Ativan idk how to keep lowering at this point. I know I’m in tolerance 

I’d really like to know the same. Not sure how long I had POTS for but when I reduced from 10mg V to 8mg V it hit with vengeance (dizziness). I’ve had palpitations since I started taking this poison, but had Covid at exactly the same time so not sure if this is long covid. I’m pretty much bedridden. I want to continue tapering but scared to as I’m struggling so badly with post exertional malaise and severe anxiety. Surely others have experience of this. I’m certain mine is the hyperadregenic type. GP won’t entertain it. Have cardiology referral but been waiting 6 months so far. Let me know how you’re doing. 

46 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I’d really like to know the same. Not sure how long I had POTS for but when I reduced from 10mg V to 8mg V it hit with vengeance (dizziness). I’ve had palpitations since I started taking this poison, but had Covid at exactly the same time so not sure if this is long covid. I’m pretty much bedridden. I want to continue tapering but scared to as I’m struggling so badly with post exertional malaise and severe anxiety. Surely others have experience of this. I’m certain mine is the hyperadregenic type. GP won’t entertain it. Have cardiology referral but been waiting 6 months so far. Let me know how you’re doing. 

I’m really sorry. I’m in throws of it too. I’ve had Pre-existing dysautonomia but now Everytime I stand or eat I get intense fear/panic/dread, dry everything, heart goes nuts, short of breathe, almost pass out. I feel ok lying flat with meditation music on that’s about it. Idk how to continue like this. Idk how much cardiology can do for dysautonomia caused by a drug.  I keep praying this isn’t permanent 

On 09/01/2024 at 19:02, [[M...] said:

please help, anyone with POTS that got WAY worse pots symptoms while tapering see improvements? Every time I cut this gets worse I can barely stand up now without awful awful symptoms. Down to .18 mg Ativan idk how to keep lowering at this point. I know I’m in tolerance 

Mao205, im.sorry you are going through such a rough time. I don't gave POTS,but I'm wondering I you've heard from anyone here to assist uwith your final taper? If not please reach out to brighterday, pastor, jelly baby, there are several here that can help.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help but I know u are suffering. 

Please post again won't you, I think the date should have already attracted someone to answer your questions. 

I hope this help you, 

Take care,

Ns

9 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Mao205, im.sorry you are going through such a rough time. I don't gave POTS,but I'm wondering I you've heard from anyone here to assist uwith your final taper? If not please reach out to brighterday, pastor, jelly baby, there are several here that can help.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help but I know u are suffering. 

Please post again won't you, I think the date should have already attracted someone to answer your questions. 

I hope this help you, 

Take care,

Ns

@[Br...] @[je...] I’ll give it a shot. Can anyone help me with my taper? I’m pretty nonfunctional 

Can you please update your taper history? I see the last entry was September last year. We need to get an idea of how often you made cuts and how big those reductions were. You can look at my history to get an idea.

Also what method are you using to cut and how many times a day are you dosing?

On 17/01/2024 at 14:05, [[j...] said:

Can you please update your taper history? I see the last entry was September last year. We need to get an idea of how often you made cuts and how big those reductions were. You can look at my history to get an idea.

Also what method are you using to cut and how many times a day are you dosing?

I updated my signature is that what you mean? I have been microtapering 0.001 mg every 3-5 days. I’m at .184 mg. I started on Ativan for the cortisol rushes from ssri wirhdrawal. I now have developed way worsening pots symptoms, cortisol rushes with crying and despair after every meal, severe dry mouth/eyes/nose/sinuses, adrenaline rushes and when standing and drinking water. This gets astronomically worse with my menstrual cycle fluctuation. Idk if this is all just worsening dysautonomia. I don’t have typical benzo wirhdrawal symptoms. In the past if I cut I’d get tinnitus, headaches. I don’t have any of that just worsening dysautonomia and hypersensitivity which I believe I had before all this even started. Is being on a subtherapeutic dose of benzo just making me worse? 

21 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Thanks, that helps. 

How many times a day are you dosing?

Once. In the morning. I’ve tried to split it multiple times and it resulted in me crashing and developing new symptoms. Even splitting it and moving it by 1 hour a day I couldn’t even make it three hours apart

I take Lunesta at night too 12 or so hours after the Ativan so maybe it helps with the pm withdrawal? 

5 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Once. In the morning. I’ve tried to split it multiple times and it resulted in me crashing and developing new symptoms. Even splitting it and moving it by 1 hour a day I couldn’t even make it three hours apart

Oh no that's fine. The reason I'm asking is because of therapeutic dose and at such low dose, splitting it up I'm always wondering how it affects the therapeutic effect. 

Were any of these conditions pre-existing? Like the POTS and the dysautonomia?

7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Oh no that's fine. The reason I'm asking is because of therapeutic dose and at such low dose, splitting it up I'm always wondering how it affects the therapeutic effect. 

Were any of these conditions pre-existing? Like the POTS and the dysautonomia?

Iv had pots since I was a teenager. I just dealt with it and that was my way of life.. mostly was shortness of breathe and crazy high heart rate with standing and near passing out if standing still ect.. since this happened to me I can’t stand for hours after I eat or I’ll have terror attacks, actually pass out, despair/severe panic. When my stomach is empty I feel better but still get adrenaline with standing. After meals and with standing I’m getting “coat hanger pain” which I only got maybe 2-3 days a month before. I’m getting crazy neck/ear/head pressure after meals and with standing I’m assuming it’s adrenaline because I feel like I’m getting shot up with an epipen. That I did have also but only at ovulation time starting in 2020 and iv seen this as a pots symptom.. these feelings are INCREDIBLY disturbing and I’m becoming so depressed because of them.. I feel like my body cannot handle digestion and any other process at the same time. It’s obviously worsening as I lower the benzo. But when I ct the trazodone and viibryd my only issue was akathisia which is better with ssri reinstatment. Now all of these things are blossoming worsening every month. Idk if the benzo is part of it, covering it up partially, if it’s making me worse I literally have no idea but I’m extremely sensitized. Can’t tolerate vitamins, herbs, caffeine, nothing and that’s been this way since may. It also doesn’t matter what I eat. It could be thanksgiving dinner or an apple-same symptoms every time. I appreciate any insight you have so much. I’ve seen 16 doctors who have no idea 

Edited by [Ma...]

I'm deeply sorry it's so difficult. I think you've been through a lot of changes in a very short time. Your body didn't have time to recover from the SSRI ct, when you started the benzo tapering (no judgement just explaining the situation). I understand you started tapering immediately as you were a short term user and I would probably have done the same. But it seems like it was just too much for your body to manage. I'm wondering if you should just hold your dose for a couple of months now? Take a break and let your brain heal. You're at such a low dose now, but you are not stable. 

1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

I'm deeply sorry it's so difficult. I think you've been through a lot of changes in a very short time. Your body didn't have time to recover from the SSRI ct, when you started the benzo tapering (no judgement just explaining the situation). I understand you started tapering immediately as you were a short term user and I would probably have done the same. But it seems like it was just too much for your body to manage. I'm wondering if you should just hold your dose for a couple of months now? Take a break and let your brain heal. You're at such a low dose now, but you are not stable. 

Do you think this low of a dose is harming me though? Especially with the short half life? It doesn’t do anything for me anymore. That’s when I started tapering as I figured I hit tolerance. About 80% of the time when I take it, it gives me light flickering in my vision, chills, a brain scrambling feeling, huge rushes of adrenaline and restless leg. That’s why I’m so nervous to hold it because idk if it’s incurring more damage to my system 

I don't think holding will hurt especially after all the major chemical changes you've been through. That's just my opinion. But you need to do what you feel comfortable with.