Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo belly

Hi all,  

I'm just trying to get some other people's experience with benzo belly.   I'm at 32 months off of klonopin cold turkey and I'm in a pretty dark place.  Does anybody else's stomach just hurt to touch? It almost feels like muscle pain and moves everywhere in my abdominal area.  Some days it's completely gone and other days I have this just continual aching in my belly.   Does this sound like any others experience with benzo belly?   Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much. 

Hello Bultman

I am 4 years been after cold turkey from Klonopin, and like yourself often in a dark place. Since the very beginning of my withdrawal it has been the lower abdomen, usually the right side. Often it will shoot over to the left side, and sometimes it will completely disappear. It is never really painful just a tightness or soreness that I describe as a discomfort. I I saw a chiropractor which suggested it might be psoas muscles.  I believe it's originating in my back. After 8 visits I gave up on the chiropractor. While standing or walking it seems to completely disappear but when sitting it becomes worse. It often becomes much worse with exercise or yard work. During bad weather when I was housebound for 3 days it completely went away. Only to return. Thanksgiving 2 years ago I believed it had completely disappeared, then while driving home one night I had a flat tire. The next day it started all over again.

God bless music60 

In my accute i had 4 weeks of diarrhea and constant vomiting. I think it was the stress. I lost 7kg..

• 5 months later...
[Bi...]

Since my food sensitivity started I'm getting pains on and off in my lower stomach, sometimes it's bloating feeling, sometimes stabbing, sometimes aching or discomfort. Moves about but mainly left side.

I hope you're doing better