Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dose vs Weight in mg?

When tapering, is the Dose amount different than the remaining weight of tablet after it's tapered in mg?

This has all but driven me crazy because since starting my taper 9 months ago, I've just gone by the weight on my little jewelry scale.

I've been harassed about this long enough and I want to know what the difference is, please?  I simply can't wrap my brain around any difference. My whole dose was given to me by weight for cryin outloud??  So that's my dose to start with.

Here's how I figure it and  I'll just start with my 1mg of clonazepam, just for example:

The tablet's average weight is .170, according to my scale which is on mg mode, so 0.000. 

so I was taught .100 - 3% = .097. So my "dose" to me anyway, is .097 of 1 mg tablet.  Either they are crazy or I am but I cannot figure the difference :( Personally I think their nuts, and I'm sick of listening to them, so I won't any longer :tickedoff:oregonlady

Hi, @[or...].  If your 1mg dose of clonazepam weighs .170 on your scale, we can assume that your current daily tablet dose weight of .097 equates to a .57mg daily dose of the active ingredient (clonazepam).

.097 divided by .170 = .57

1 hour ago, [[o...] said:

I've just gone by the weight on my little jewelry scale.

This is the only important information in regards to your taper and well done getting down to almost half your original dose!

If you ever want to know the approximate active ingredient dosage you are ingesting at any given daily dosage tablet weight - just divide the daily dose weight by .170.

For example, assuming you will reduce by 3% again:

1) multiply .097 x .97 = new dose weight of .094.

2) .094 divided by .170 = .55mg

• Love 1

Can't thank you enough.  I did indicate I was at 58% and now I don't know how I got that except I figured the way you did.  I didn't remember, or know, that equaled dose amount :)  Now I can rest knowing I'm doing ok, but it will be nice to add that "dosage" to my history for others that do it that way, thanks again @[Fa...], oregonlady :smitten:

• Like 1