Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Luck with 10% reductions and Klonopin?

Hi All,

I'm starting my second attempt at a taper from 1mg Klonopin. My last taper ended in October with me updosing backto 1mg, so 3 months ago. Two weeks ago I did a 10% reduction of my PM dose and 1 week ago I did 10% of my AM dose, so I'm currently at 90% total. After about 2 weeks I got hit with major anxiety. I'm considering small cuts and holding for longer, maybe 2% every 2 weeks. Any thoughts? I can't cross to Valium because it doesn't agree with me at all. Thanks.

I tried 10% cuts of my K every two weeks but I couldn't handle it. The first 10% cut I was fine. But then when I made the second 10% cut, I got slammed with symptoms and spent most of the time on the couch. It's mainly because of the accumulation effect of cuts. I held for a couple of weeks and then settled at 7.5% cuts every two weeks. That was my sweet spot. 

If 10% cuts are too big, I suggest trying 5% cuts every two weeks. You'll be tapering at half the speed you've started off with right now. But first I suggest you hold for a bit to settle from these cuts if you feel they were too big, before you start tapering again.