Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium

Did anyone else have a bad reaction to valium? I’m trying to get off of ativan i’ve been on for 4 weeks tomorrow i was started at 2 mg at night and went up and down with dosing throughout the time i’ve been on, tried one day of taking nothing thought i was going to die, had been cutting my own pills carelessly so who knows what dosages i had actually been taking but have been on 1.5 for over a week now. i at first was only taking it at night but after trying to CT i then experience interdose withdrawals and started taking it 3 times a day and going back down to 1.5. I tried to replace my night time dose of .5 mg with 5 mg of valium and it was horrific. I had a paradoxical reaction i was restless and rapid heart and felt so strange and after finally falling asleep for 3 hours i fell into really scary sleep paralysis and felt really really bad the next morning even worse than usual. i took my morning dose of .5 mg of ativan and was so out of it it was crazy and scary. i reallt feel like i have dementia off these things. i’m only 23. that day which was yesterday i had two migraines with aura where i was almost vomiting and felt like i was dying i had to take aspirin.  i resumed my ativan .5 mg and slept for hours thank god. i woke up with still a slight headache and took more aspirin and still have a slight headache. i feel really sick and awful since taking valium. i thought that was supposed to be the gold standard for getting off short acting benzos? i will never take it again after what i experience even just trying to slowly incorporate it. i just don’t understand why my body reacted so horrible to it all i could find was that i might not be able to metabolize ir or it caused histamine issues? I have so many horrible symptoms im afraid ive wrecked my brain for good after everything ive done i just want off asap