Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo Wise Doctors

I can't find a benzo wise doctor in New Mexico.  Does anyone know of a benzo wise doctor in New Mexico.  Been on benzos 32 years and my new doctor doesn't get it and is forcing me to go to another doctor who might force me off benzos.  I'm long term severe case and taking me off benzos would most certainly kill me after all the tapers n cold turkeys I've experienced throughout the years and near death experiences.  The stress of not knowing what is going to happen to me is literally killing me.

I need a benzo wise doc ASAP.  😢

I know that Free Range Psychiatry, which does virtual appointments is able to prescribe in 50 states. They are fee for service so it's not covered by insurance. I worked with one of their psychiatrists to get off Mirtazapine.

Of course, please do your research to see if they are right for you. 

www.freerange.org

Final Healing 

• Like 1

Greetings @[Fi...].  Do you know if Free Range Psychiatry is able to prescribe controlled substances (i.e. benzodiazepines) in all states?  I have a vague recollection that they may only be licensed to do this in a limited number of states. 

• Like 1

Hi @[Li...]

They sent out an email saying they were now licensed in 50 states. 

I also know another psychiatrist who I worked with, also on line, who was wonderful. Her work is specifically to help people off meds. 

She was licensed in about 7 states but yould have to check which ones. 

Dr. Jennifer Giordano 

https://www.trueyoupsych.com/

Hi @[Li...]

They sent out an email saying they were now licensed in 50 states. I'm not sure about your specific benzo question. 

I also know another psychiatrist who I worked with, also on line, who was wonderful. Her work is specifically to help people off meds. 

She was licensed in about 7 states but yould have to check which ones. 

Dr. Jennifer Giordano 

https://www.trueyoupsych.com/

Edited by [Fi...]

Thank you for the follow-up @[Fi...].  As I’m sure you know, US providers have to meet certain criteria to prescribe controlled substances via telehealth so it’s important for prospective patients to look for this information on the provider’s website or contact the provider to ask.