Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taper plan

Hi friends,

I'm new here - and I'm in the fog for sure. I've been taking K since Sept and 2 mg since Oct.

Im Currently down to 1 mg from 2 klonopin and tried to introduce some lexapro over the last three weeks to help with the downer of the taper, only 2 mg. I'm totally lost and plan to get down off the K. I felt like it was killing me last week. Dealing with dr/pr, concentration and attention issues. Sleeping 2 hrs a night now but was doing well until the lexapro was introduced. Like 6 hrs a night before that while cutting 10% bi weekly.

I planned a 3 mo taper but in the middle I totally got aweful si and memory loss. And can't remember much or how to even proceed. I also have pseudo amnesia and short term and long term memory loss. Baseline is just depressed. 

Due to the SI, my plan is to cut weekly to be off by Feb and hopefully do TMS. I can technically start tms tomorrow but my brain is so foggy idk if it even feels safe.

Thoughts?

Edited by [...]

Weekly cuts of k. I might up the lexapro weekly but i don't think it's agreeing with me so I'm not sure I want to up it beyond 2 or 3 mg. Zoloft and lexapro seem to give me dr/pr although they are effective for me.  Ugh. Prozac was just too activating. I'm a slow metabolizer. Fuck drugs. 

I think I started Nov 15th or something like that. Mostly anxiety, anedonia, some akathsia, SI and insomnia and ya know crying have been my symptoms until now Until I got to 1 mg. Now it's memory loss, pseudo dementia, attention issues, short term and long term memory issues, si/depression, brain fog, lack of psycologocial saftey after the last cut and stronger dr/pr too.

Posted (edited)

I feel like I don't remember life before benzos :( or any feelings before that too. I hate it. I wish I would have done .5, .5 then .25 until I was done but I really wanted to follow the ashton method. I was so worried about sleep, not memory or si.

Edited by [...]

With these type of symptoms it doesn't sound to me like you are very stable. In my opinion you probably tapered too fast. I also looked at a prior post and you have switched benzo's, plus changed several AD's in the 3-4 months if I'm not mistaken. All of this could have contributed to destabilise a sensitive CNS. I know you've only been on benzo's for a short period, but some people get dependent very quickly. Have you ever used benzo's before?

I haven't before :( And I hate them. I also was very over prescribed. I'd probably be ok on like .25 on .5  or something but this feel like wayyy too much for me.

Yes, I feel very very unstable and can't imagine damaging my brain more. Or losing more concentration/ cognitive ability:(

I was also over prescribed at 2mg K.  :rolleyes: I think the therapeutic dose of K is around 0.5mg. I also have memory issues that started during my use of K, but I'm now one year off, and it's getting better. The majority of my symptoms are related to my brain - brain fog, head pressure, headaches, migraines and insomnia. But it's gradually getting better.  I'm telling you this to give you hope. 

I think you need to be functional and stable. If it were me, I would hold my dose for at least the next two weeks and see if there's some improvement. Also, I wouldn't make any changes to the AD's.  Some of your recent symptoms might be the Lexapro or a combination of K and Lexapro. I think your brain is just needing a break. That's what I would do. But ultimately it's your decision and whatever you decide to do, we will support you. 

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

I think it needs a break too. It's so hard with these symptoms. I started at .5 and was told to straight from 1-2. Wtf. I'm just worried my life will be in shambles after this. What does stabilizing and functional feel like on benzos lol? 

I feel like I'm living in a fog while everyone else is loving on each other and laughing while I can't drive or enjoy my hobbies. I get up and ride by stationary bike everyday ❤️ and take care of my baby to the best of my ability but idk how I'm supposed to work if my brain is this slow!?

Edited by [...]