Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Crossed over to 5mg V, how long can I hold?

I have been doing 2 weeks slow crossing over from 7.5mg Zopiclone to 5 mg Valium (Diazepam) due to the severity of my attempt to cut 30% off originally with little knowledge and possibly kindling a few times (didn’t have that knowledge either until now.) plus the interdose w/ was so debilitating for me. Crossing over was the only chance that I feel I can survive this.

I am now on the 4th day fully on 5 mg V. The first few days were rough but now I feel a little better. V has help smoothen the edges of Z w/.

Ashton manual said to hold it for 1 week then start cutting. But reading from some old topics, people refered to Dr. Peart’s to hold for 2-4 weeks.

Any has experience on this?

I’m more inclined to hold because I am 35 weeks pregnant and the baby will come soon and don’t want to have acute w/ during the labour. But I’m afraid/concerned that if I hold long for Valium for a few months (I want to pass postpartum hormonal drop period as well. But afraid that I would develop tolerance?)

Would appreciate if anyone can chime in. I realise it will not be a medical advice, but please share your input.

***Please do not vent your horrible symptoms in such details though as I am so sensitive at the moment and I want to stay calm as much as possible before giving birth***

Thank you so much.

IMHO if u stabilize for a good 10 days you would have certainly fully transitioned off the Z and on to the V.  Seems to me you could taper from there.  Just a thought.  I transitioned over a similar period from Xanax. 

1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

Thank you. Do you feel that your taper on V smoother?

I switched from Xanax and yes smoother.  But Valium does have some properties that are depressive and groggy a bit.  But better than X i believe.

• Like 1

I do feel that, too. It smoothen the edges of and starting to feel less interdose w/. Hoping that those groggy and depression will fade soon. I still feel morning chemical induced anxiety, but I think it’s from the body is missing Zop. 

• Like 1

@[Kh...] Have you ever had an event that you need to hold for a few months like life event? Or do you know anyone? I am debating at the moment and didn’t want to hit tolerance either.

No sorry I haven’t.  I wasn’t even prescribed this crap.  I foolishly used it for sleep, it was available over the counter.  I used it way too long.  Never really had anxiety to start with, so don’t have experience with holding due to stress etc…I am on a mission to get off.  Each cut has not resulted in any textbook withdrawal issues.  I am on,y suffering from tinnitus and stiff neck, both of which could be explained by other issues.  Hoping they Alleviate once fully off.  I m getting ready to drop to 1.5mg from 2.  Was thinking of going to 1mg just have not  decided.  Sorry couldn’t help.  That said if u feel the need to hold I’ll bet the community would support that.  Trust your gut instinct…🙏🙏

Edited by [Kh...]