Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Frothy mouth! Spit

Having a lot of thick sticky saliva, is this common? Acid reflux? Dehydration? Typical Tapering withdrawal? anxiety? Like I have lots

if wet in my.mouth but hard to swallow, Sticky saliva. Seems to get worse when I'm up moving about and my belly is jumping around! 

Anyone else on this issue please, I don't need to be dehydrated, will have to go to er, hopefully it's not that and typical for tapering withdrawal. 

Thanks

I learned the hard way that ERs are for stabilizing care only and not for the treatment of Benzo withdrawal that almost all ER doctors don't recognize nor believe in anyway.  I went to 4 ERs over a 4 week period and everyone one of the 4 ER doctors told me it couldn't be Benzo related as the drugs were out of my system?  Simply not true.  During your taper and after you are off, I'd expect the unexpected.  There is no rhyme or reason to anything that happens in WD.  I had every allowable medical test (that my insurance and doctor would allow) performed and every one came back "normal."  It was always withdrawal for my over 15 symptoms and I am pretty sure yours is withdrawal related too.  But if it will give you peace of mind, make an appointment or go to urgent care and leave the ER to people that really need it!  Good luck.

Theway2, 

Yes I hear you, 3 yrs ago.i was in withdrawl and still am, I visited er several x and they had no idea what was wrong with me. My shoulder was jerking, felt shocks throughout my body, all the withdrawl symptoms you can imagine. It wasn't until 2 yrs out that one er doc gave me an xray of my shoulder blade that I really stated to get it! I was taken off too fast, also had weaned off norco very slowly, gabapentin,  celexa. All over the course of 2 yrs but when that lorazapam left my system it was a nightmare but I had hurt my shoulder the very same day, so I had no idea. But you'd think the er and other docs would get it but they don't. I went agai. 8 months ago for low sodium and the admitted me, gave me fluids and lorazapam every 4 hours, sent me home with 30 pills and great its back to my body neefingnthem again. Thats how i ended up taking these again 8 months ago. About 4 mo ths ago when my reaction to lorazapam started i went to er, I went for low sodium again but was really anxious and didn't know why. The er doc said to me, are u sure your not in withdrawal??? I looked at him and said, well no, I just took the lorazapam,  it's not that! 

OK, so he was correct, 1 doc out of many, but it became very clear to me a week later.o am going to just finish taper of this benzo and be done,  I'm sure that when they're gone I'll be in another state of long protracted withdrawal syndrome but what else can I do? Im.not taking anti depressants ever again, nor gabapentin, nothing if I can help it. My brain needs to heal. Last time valuim gave me temporary relief, lorazapam did for awhile bit now there really is nothing in a pill. I have reverse reactions to almost everything i take, Histamine intolerance issues to foods you name it, so it's on to the tough natural road but I must do what I must. I'm sure I'll be on here cryin looking for relief soon enough.lol

Thanks so much for your response and for listening.

I had "cotton mouth" off and on during my recovery. I'm not sure how common it is. You can try Biotene if you want. It's meant for dry mouth. I used it occasionally. Should be fine since you aren't really ingesting anything. https://www.biotene.com/dry-mouth-products/mouthwash/ Or you can try some throat lozenges, like the ones you would use on a cold. I preferred the honey-menthol ones.

I agree with ThEwAy2 though about the ER. I think I went three times and the only thing I got other than embarrassment was a huge medical bill. :crazy:

Edited by [Si...]

1 minute ago, [[S...] said:

I had "cotton mouth" off and on during my recovery. I'm not sure how common it is. You can try Biotene if you want. It's meant for dry mouth. I used it occasionally. Should be fine since you aren't really ingesting anything. https://www.biotene.com/dry-mouth-products/mouthwash/ Or you can try some throat lozenges, like the ones you would use on a cold. I preferred the honey-menthol ones.

I agree with ThEwAy2 though about the ER. I think I went three times and the only thing I got other than embarrassment was a huge medical bill. :crazy:

Thanks ziggy, can't have any sugar, sugar alcohol like xylitol, sorbitol in toothpaste, nothing. Have to use unsweetened toothpaste with mint but mint also causes my gerd to flair, it's tough I'll say, but thank u for the thought and tossing ideas.

Take care

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey anyone, I have gerd, I'm miserable with it after eating lunch. First time it's been this bad. I'm tapering lorazapam,  anyone have a reaction to ppi while taking small amounts of lorazapam? I have zantac 360, prevacid, baking soda. Pepcid complete chewables h2 blockers. I don't do well with any if this stuff but I'm so miserable, my belly hurts and is in spasms. I read that these meds enhance benzos and me and benzos don't mix. Please, has anyone had to use this stuff while tapering? 

Please let me know asap

I take my dose at 5, eat around 530, it's too close but u have to take this stuff 30 min before you eat! Geez, this stinks.

Your supposed to separate these by 3 hours, I would have to eat before bed. Then u can't lay down!  Any other ideas for gerd? 

looking for answers

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections

OK, so I took it! I took the prevacid and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, yay! So now I'm going to take it every morning before breakfast and before my 11 am dose. Never really experienced gerd that way before. Had a little heartburn in the past, nothing like this. In withdrawl, my belly is in spasms so it's constantly spitting up acid, so every dose I take causes more spasms.  So again, I really need to jump off of these Lorazapam.  When I think of all the misery these pills have caused me, I ask, why didn't u just bail a month ago? Well, I guess we all know, it's the unknown,  how will I respond, how bad will it get? 

So, I guess tomorrow I'll find out, I'll stop a dose and see how I do. O mean how else can we know right.i mean I get horrible symptoms when I take it, if it's worse than that I'm in trouble. But I'll never know until I do it! I am a wimp, lol, afraid to take that step, by Katrina jumped off diazepam and she's doing ok, I'm sure it's tough buy she says it's not too bad, that's not why I'm going to jump off, but it helps to know that someone else with the same reaction that I get to these is as tired of it as I am. But we will see what the day brings in the morning. 

I'll let ya know!

Glad you are able to tolerate the prevacid. That should help with some of the heartburn. It could be what's causing the cotton mouth for you as well. Has that gotten any better?

What dose are you at now? I jumped off of a .25mg of Lorazepam after doing a super janky taper. I barely had any pills left anyway, so not much choice.

Ziggy, hi, im nnot actually doing well with the prevacid, it makes me sting all over like all meds do, but it dies help a little with my tummy pain. Its weird i dont have heartburn, just that nasty spit stuff that backwashes from my esophegus, so i dont really know yet whats up. Tried to find a gi today, no luck! 

I'm at 1mg, been holding there. I split that into 4 doses. It's a tiny dose for each but I guess it really matters if skip one. I did that the other morning,  did great but then.... it was withdrawl misery. Today is the worst! There is snow on the ground so the low pressure is also making me miserable. It could even be because of that idk, but wow this us intense! Almost went to the main er today, I thought I might collapse. The involuntary body movements are getting so bad, my belly is in spasms and withdrawl, I can barely stand  or walk but right this minute the stinging and jerking is a little better, hopefully it is passing. If it weren't for my belly, I wouldn't consider going but it's painful and I'm concerned. I've got to get out of this symptom focused stuff, I know better than that! 

I'm glad to hear you've tapered off so well! Great job! 

Can't wait to jump off of these since they hurt me instead of help! 

Thanks for asking,

Be well ziggy! 

Ns

Just a reminder that ERs are for stabilizing care that is or can be life threatening.  ERs are NOT for the treatment of symptoms related to Benzo withdrawal as there really isn't any "treatment" or ways to speed up or go over, under or around withdrawal.  Almost all ER doctors will not recognize or acknowledge Benzo withdrawal.  Most don't believe it exists.  Understand that while disturbing, the symptoms you are experiencing cannot "hurt" you.

BTW there is no such thing as a low-dose IMO.  1mg even if it is split into .25mg 4 times a day is definitely enough to down-regulate, damage and/or destroy GABA receptors.  Those damaged or destroyed GABA receptors cause all of your symptoms.

After you are completely off, then true healing and recovery will begin.  Until that time I'd expect the unexpected.  There is nothing that makes any sense after symptoms kick in.  It's a very up and down roller coaster ride for almost everyone.  But, you can get past this.  I did and so did countless others.  Peace!

Edited by [Th...]
  • Like 2