Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cymbalta/Duloxetine

Anyone been on the ropes with withdrawal from the above AD? They say it's just as hard to stop as the Benzos

I am down to 12mg per day after 5 or 6 months of usage and taper....it's brutal stuff I tells ya

Same roller-coaster/blips/set backs or whatever you wanna call 'em

A few good days in a row and, WHAMMO, it's foetal position time in bed again....either totally FLAT mood or anxiety or a wee alternation just to keep things interesting

Happy Days Indeed....anyone been there and done it and got the T shirt?

Edited by [Di...]
  • Like 1

I can only relate to other kinds off SSRI and in the past i stopped a bunch of times CT with no other symptoms then violent brainzaps. Absolutely doable without taper IMO.

It felt like the brain got electro chock treatment. Or as i imagine it feels. I actually felt better when stop taking them. Like a thick blanket was removed from my brain.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

hard coming off?

Not compared to benzos. I only had brainzaps. Nasty but after awhile i got used to it.

@[Di...] I did jump from a higher dose of duloxetine. I was really impatient because of the w/d from alprazolam, which I did not know at that time. I had no idea what I was going through. 

I quit duloxetine twice before, this was my third time in june '23.  I always got very strong brain zaps, but I was fine after a while. 

Every psychotropic medication should be tapered very carefully, so do the opposite of what I did. I am very sick now, probably due to unresponsibly quitting two meds at a time. Follow your own pace and listen to your body. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

@[Di...] I did jump from a higher dose of duloxetine. I was really impatient because of the w/d from alprazolam, which I did not know at that time. I had no idea what I was going through. 

I quit duloxetine twice before, this was my third time in june '23.  I always got very strong brain zaps, but I was fine after a while. 

Every psychotropic medication should be tapered very carefully, so do the opposite of what I did. I am very sick now, probably due to unresponsibly quitting two meds at a time. Follow your own pace and listen to your body. 

I got the exact kind of braizaps after bindging on extacy/MDMA when i was young. SSRI is just a legal form of love drug lol

• Like 1