Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

New symptom at 31 months out? (Neuropathy)

Im 31 months out. I've had about 60 symptoms so far and I'm down to about 6-10 symptoms. Yesterday I woke up with some minor foot pain. It got worse throughout the day and the pain started in my hands as well. This morning it's even worse.  I do have type 2 diabetes but my last test a few months ago my a1c was in the normal range. I thought  it might be peripheral neuropathy from high blood sugar, but the speed at which this came on makes me think it might be a new withdrawal symptom. From what I can see peripheral neuropathy takes months or years to develop. It makes no sense to get a new symptom this far out, but I did get a full body itching at 25 months out as a new symptom. Has anyone had something similar? 

Yes, pain in your feet and hands is very common in the recovery process.   I have this off and on and it can be very uncomfortable.    As far as getting new symptoms further out; this is totally normal.   I am about 44 months out and have been getting lots of new symptoms.   While it can be frustrating I believe it is good new.  It means we are still healing and the brain is fine tuning.