Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

for those cutting pills into quarters question

Question for those that are tapering and cutting pills. The fill cutters I can find only do half. I've never seen them pill cutter that will cut into quarters as well. Where can I find or learn how to do quarters instead of just halves? Thank you, Daniel

10 hours ago, [[v...] said:

A razor blade is the best.

How do you keep the pieces from flying around?

• Like 1

Are you using a razor blade?  It should be very sharp (be careful!) and I think it will help to make sure you cut on a surface that isn't slippery. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Cup your hand over it while your cutting. You can use a cutter by placing the half up to the cutter and cutting that in half to get you 1/4.

It's not a perfect cut though, be careful

• Like 1

Side topic but how long to most pill cutters last cutting once per day? I've been cutting my Klonopin for 9 months Also do the multipill cutters work well or just make a big mess?

8 hours ago, [[B...] said:

A buddy already answered this.  It's not perfect.  Some pieces will be smaller.  That's why I cut 2 pills so I can use the smaller ones when I feel I don't need them and use the larger ones when I do need them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Side topic but how long to most pill cutters last cutting once per day? I've been cutting my Klonopin for 9 months Also do the multipill cutters work well or just make a big mess?

Cut enough for about 3 days, I use the larger pieces, I save the smaller ones for when I taper down again, this way they're already to go. Just cheap cutter seems to work best if u can eyeball it pretty well but when u get down to small cuts it's a little difficult. Just don't mix sizes, stick to one dose, you'll never make it that way. Your body and brain will get confused and you will have a longer withdrawl. 

Hope that helps

Edited by [ns...]
Misspelled word
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, [[v...] said:

A buddy already answered this.  It's not perfect.  Some pieces will be smaller.  That's why I cut 2 pills so I can use the smaller ones when I feel I don't need them and use the larger ones when I do need them.

You really should stick with one sz, don't mix them, save the one sz for your next taper down. You will never get out of withdrawal that way. U will confuse your brain, begun to crave more. Please stick to one dose ok, I would hate to see u go back to a higher dose or go into inner dose withdrawal ok.

Be well 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[n...] said:

You really should stick with one sz, don't mix them, save the one sz for your next taper down. You will never get out of withdrawal that way. U will confuse your brain, begun to crave more. Please stick to one dose ok, I would hate to see u go back to a higher dose or go into inner dose withdrawal ok.

Be well 

I do but cutting is no exact science lol.  It's really hard so inevitably some pills will end up being smaller, but the size difference is not that great. ;)

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 02:09, [[N...] said:

Get a scale, you can find a good one on Amazon under $30

What unit of measure is best ? grams  or grains or other?

If you use a jeweler's scale like this one https://www.amazon.com/AWS-Portable-Precision-Digital-Milligram/dp/B0012TDNAM?th=1  you will be weighing in grams.  As you weigh, remember your pills will weigh more than their stated weight: a 1mg pill means it has 1mg of active ingredient.  The pill also has filler and in some cases a coating so you will be making reductions of the pill weight.

• Like 1