Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Out of Xanax before refill

Brand new here as I comb the internet for some kind of relief.

I’ve been on 1mg 4 times a day for several years. I was at risk for a layoff and stupidly took an extra dose for several days during the scare.

i completely ran out and have 4 days before my refill. My primary care practice has been getting all patients off benzos and I doubt I’ll get an early fill.

how in the world do I make it four days without obviously being in withdrawal at work?!

Hello @[NO...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I can only suggest that you talk with your doctor about a one-off early refill. It is up to you how honest you are about your situation. I would generally advocate for telling the truth, but some doctors seem to have little appreciation of the difficulties for patients.

Some pharmacists will sometimes provide small amounts of benzodiazepines using their discretion.* But this will depend the pharmacist, your relationship with them, and probably the country in which you live too.

* A pharmacist once provided me with an emergency supply for a few days when I forgot to take my clonazepam with me on a trip. But this was 25 years ago and in the UK. I expect such discretion is less forthcoming or more curtailed now, or even outlawed these days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [[N...] said:

Brand new here as I comb the internet for some kind of relief.

I’ve been on 1mg 4 times a day for several years. I was at risk for a layoff and stupidly took an extra dose for several days during the scare.

i completely ran out and have 4 days before my refill. My primary care practice has been getting all patients off benzos and I doubt I’ll get an early fill.

how in the world do I make it four days without obviously being in withdrawal at work?!

Oh not good! 

Try to get a new script from your doctor and tell him the truth or lie. Xanax is fast gone of your system and you will likely get on a really bad state.

Good luck

• Like 1

Learn your lesson....

Find a doctor and double your prescription. Warehouse the stuff.

Do not be beholden to a quack.

Educate yourself and stop ingesting the poison.

@[NO...]

I do not wish to alarm you, but are you aware that abrupt discontinuation of a high dose of alprazolam after long-term use may precipitate acute withdrawal reactions, which can be life-threatening (e.g. seizures)?  

If you cannot obtain additional alprazolam today via a prescription from your prescriber (or an emergency fill from your pharmacist), have you considered going to the emergency room to request assistance?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[NO...]

I do not wish to alarm you, but are you aware that abrupt discontinuation of a high dose of alprazolam after long-term use may precipitate acute withdrawal reactions, which can be life-threatening (e.g. seizures)?  

If you cannot obtain additional alprazolam today via a prescription from your prescriber (or an emergency fill from your pharmacist), have you considered going to the emergency room to request assistance?

What sucks is the fact that they probably wont help him before he's really sick. That's the case where i live anyway. 

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

What sucks is the fact that they probably wont help him before he's really sick. That's the case where i live anyway. 

I hope you are wrong. But I fear you might be correct. Still, @[NO...] should definitely go to the ER if he is unable to get a prescription from his GP or an emergency supply from the pharmacist. (And probably before he becomes very ill.)

• Like 1